PDA

View Full Version : Red and Black Entwined

aaasp
02-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Another one..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2002/Red_and_Black_Entwined.jpg

Oil on Canvas-35x46"

Wayne Gaudon
02-09-2002, 10:05 PM
.. this is excellent in execution .. reminds me of a country veranda at halloween or some other decorative occassion.

YLCIA
02-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Yes! Man in black do like women in red...:evil:

Wonderful , Anthony ! You drapery is always fenomenal!

Julia

Linda Ciallelo
02-10-2002, 01:28 PM
aaasp this painting reminds me of a pastel that I did, long ago, that also featured striped articles of clothing in a pile. Go look at my web page and scroll down to the shirts with the mirror. I have been a bit fastinated with striped shirts for awhile now, but have hesitated to use them because noone else seemed to share my interest.

reynolds
02-10-2002, 02:34 PM
good to see this one again, it is quite erotic for me..:evil: having a visual mind is really quite the adventure and i would not trade it for the world or an imageless mind or soul.

cnfwriter
02-11-2002, 01:17 AM
This is simply great. Wonderful composition. You certainly have folds and wrinkles down pat.

Love the background too. Very realistic.

nam26b
02-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Wow, the cloth is rendered quite well. I like the composition, too. Great painting......

Do you mind me asking...do you do an underdrawing for something this complex, and if so, how detailed do you make it?

I've just started with painting, and would like to improve my skills, so every little bit of knowledge helps.

Once again, great work...

Nathan

aaasp
02-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Thank you Nathan.
This was painted from life. (Cloth doesn't move:) ) and I did spend a lot of time with the drawing. With complex drapery I really need a strong under-drawing so that you don't get lost while painting and end up with squish.

nam26b
02-12-2002, 04:09 PM
'squish'...yes, I've ended up with more than my fair share of it. Been reading several books on painting, and some say to do a complete underdrawing, some say "stay loose" and draw only with a brush........

I've had much more success with detailed underdrawings, and your work has the realistic quality I'd like to try for, so I'll stick with that method.

Thanks a lot,

Nathan

aaasp
02-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Do both Nathan.
On a solid underdrawing you can let loose the loosest brush!
There is no rule.
You have to find what you best sense.
The hardest thing, or the longest, is to know what is particular to you, how you can begin to achieve what so many people before you did, but in your own way, through you.
It's a bummer:)