Title: The Iconic American Writer
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 18 x 24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi, Everybody,

Great to be back on WC, and I hope to linger for a while this time. I've been doing a lot of work in both colored pencil and acrylics; I love the meticulousness in approach of the former and the looseness possible in the latter.

This reinterpretation (via colored pencil) is based on a black-and-white photo Tabitha King took of Stephen King for a dust jacket. In terms of gesture and atmosphere and color saturation, I've embellished upon the original.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any feedback is wonderful!

C & C is always welcome!

"Hello" to my friends on the site!

01-30-2006, 04:34 AM
The abstraction is definitely there. The colour is really powerfull for colour pencils. The pair of eyes are full of dreams thoughts. By the way why is the bottle behind the writer?
I like it.

Constellation
01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Teri.... Interesting subject and very colorful and dreamy looking..... almost suggestive. My first reaction was that it's a horizontal painting on a vertical canvas and and I found it innerving... sometimes I really do stick to the rules too much! LOL.... Donna

pampe
01-31-2006, 12:25 AM
interesting in all respects...the centering bothers me a tad

colors and application are appealing

nice work! Good to see you back

Spyderbabe
01-31-2006, 10:19 AM
He seems happy and content, certainly in pre-accident days?
How fitting that the light bulb hovers above his head as if hes getting great ideas while resting.
I like the cushiony shape his hand makes for his head to rest upon.
Terri - will you do this same piece in acrylic?

Terri5
02-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi, Rahul,

Thanks so much for the feedback! A lamp, though, not a bottle (though SK did have his drinking days).

Cheers,

Terri

Terri5
02-04-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi, Donna,

Many thanks for the feedback!

Terri5
02-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi, Pampe,

Many thanks for the insights and the warm welcome! It's good to be back!:)

Terri5
02-04-2006, 03:40 AM
Hi, Spyderbabe,

Thanks so much for your commentary! No, though, I can't duplicate pieces in one medium in another medium (just not my tendency).