PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse

Lady_Morgana
01-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi,

have been busy with life for quite a while. At last i managed to put a few hours to art, and create a landscape. Still trying to overcome the block i have with my real acrylics, i was trying to get some art done at least.

Here it is, Corel Painter IX, mostly acrylics and a few selfmade foilage-brushes

Hope you like it.

TxAggieDarlin
01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Have you painted this one in acrylics? It is fantastic...I love the colors and softness of this. I really really love this one. Love the frame of the trees, the lighthouse, the paths....I think this has broken the block!!!!

Lady_Morgana
01-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks TxAggieDarlin for your kind words.
I've painted this one with Corel painter acrylics brushes and some of my selfmade foilage-brushes. Not really sure yet if it has broken the block and enabled me to paint with my real acrylics again.... i started one today but i am not satisfied at all with what i have so far. *sigh* might be i have to stick to digital-canvas instead of real one. Well we will see...

Glad you like it and hope to do more of this kind in the future...

digistyle
01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
This has a very idyllic feel. Nice work! Hope you crack that block soon. Doodling usually helps me. With doodling, theres no real investment in the image, concept or execution. Just playing with forms and pushing color around.

digistyle

jhercilia
01-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Nice place to be, nice view to look at.

justjean
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Very nice painting and it looks like a place one might find fairys :)

Lady_Morgana
01-30-2006, 06:48 AM
@digistyle creating digital-art is kind of doodling for me. If it does not look okay i can always delete it and no harm done. If it happens to be good enough to be developed further it is fine if not it goes to the thrashbin and that is fine to. I started a "real" painting yesterday, will see if that block finally cracks.

@jhercilia Thanks for stoping by and your kind words

@justjean That was just the look i was after. I love that fairytale kind of paintings. Some might say it is Kitsch but i love to create places where magick is alive. Thanks for you kind words

Chiers
01-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Nice, you sure did acomplish the fairy tail look in this.

omniartz
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Love lighthouses! I like the trees and foilage. I wonder about the water flowing away from the beach. Seems a bit odd, but in an imaginary landscape anything flows! :)

Yako
01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
It has a naif air, it is very peaceful.....Hmmmmm! i would love to live in a place like this. Lovely! :) :wave:

Lady_Morgana
01-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Thank you all for looking and sharing your thoughts.

@omniartz you are right, it is odd that the water flows the wrong direction. I was so caught up in detail that i did not realize it was strange until it was finished. So i left it that way and made a mental note not to have water flowing away from the sea anymore. *smile*