PDA

View Full Version : Wrangler

Iaartist
01-28-2006, 10:12 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-28-2006/75586_Wrangler2-12x16PrintP99EnhMatteSN598smaller.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Wrangler
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Finished work

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Sugestions on shadowing?

LeeCrossley
01-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Love this painting. Maybe you should continue the shadow of the rope on the horse's legs and belly. This painting is telling it's own storry.

Lee Crossley

Constellation
01-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi.... at first I wasn't sure where the light was coming from but I took a 2nd look and it's all there! Good job! Guess I'm accustomed to the light coming from a side but this one is head on and very well done. Good job! Interesting painting!... Donna

Iaartist
01-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your impute, I do have a photo for a reference and the shadow does not show on the leg or belly, I think it is directly behind it or lower. I really never thought about it but I could of added it anyway.

Corby
01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
very nicely observed! Takes me back to the 'ranch days'.
While the calf of the leg is apparent, due to the expanse of blue Levi with the appropriate wrinkles, it does not actually have the sense of there being a leg under that cloth, perhaps it needs some rounded gradation, especially along the back of the calf...I like the evidences of fading and wear on the Levis as well. It could really be played up a great deal more?
Nice painting! My dad had spurs like that cept they had large Spanish rowels in them.

Iaartist
01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
The calf is not really going to show, due to the boot height. I wish I had made more fading in the jeans.

Thanks