PDA

View Full Version : FND - Feb 8,2002 Pen & Ink Orchids

kitaye
02-09-2002, 12:23 AM
First, You all did very good tonight. My favorites are ....actually, I love them all.

Second, I posted what I had at 2 hours under the images heading but I had every intention of finishing this piece so I kept working on it. This is done with pen and artist acrylic inks. The finshed product took 4hrs and some change.

I'll post the finished piece only. If you want to compare the finished with the first 2 hours efforts just look under Arlene's Original post with the photos.

greencook
02-09-2002, 12:44 AM
Kitaye,
That right hand orchid really pops out with a 3D effect. I like your use of colors here. Makes me think tropical - almost Hawaiian shirt type. Cool and unique effect. :)
Really glad you joined on this one.

Have a great day! :)

Surfinia
02-09-2002, 07:01 AM
I thought the original post was great as it was. Love the finished one, too. Great colors. The contrast between the ink and the washes is very well done. Like Greencook said, the flowers just pop out.

auntie_chaos
02-09-2002, 07:18 AM
This is a beautiful orchid!! Love the way the right hand one seems to pop right out!! Wonderful. :clap:

Wally's Mom
02-09-2002, 08:38 AM
Spectacular !:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wingnut
02-09-2002, 09:55 AM
That's what I was trying to do! :crying:

LOL! looks great Kitae, great job! ;)

Caron
02-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey Kitaye! I thought maybe you didnt show last night. I took a look at your earlier drawing and agree-it was great but this is AMAZING!:) Its simplistic yet powerful! The right orchid is definately taking centre stage here..Im really glad you decided to take it back to the board and finish..you have a really nice work here:D
Caron:cat:

MissMouse
02-09-2002, 10:55 AM
That is really well done - Beautiful - it is my orchid photo and I was wondering if I could have a high res pic to print and put in my WC scrap book. PLEASE.
[email protected]

Merriel
02-09-2002, 11:48 AM
I like the texture you gave these. Nice.

Leirrem2

kitaye
02-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Morning All,

Thanks for all your comments. I love pen and ink but I find thatif I am not in the EXACT mood to do it I just waste paper. "Last night was a good night to draw"(if I can paraphrase Klingons).

Greencook, Surfinia, Auntie-Chaos - I really didn't know what yoou meant about popping out and 3D but after taking a look at it this morning I see what you mean. AS much as I would like to claim that it was done on purpose..I can't. I just drew and coloured it to make it look as much like the picture as possible.

Wally's Mom, Wingnut, Caron, Leirrem2- Thanks for the applause and Wingnut I thought your effort was nice too.

MissMouse - Sure, but be warned my head is swelling from all these kudos. Can you save the image from the post or do you need something more. PM me if you want me to send a bigger pic somewhere for you.

Gisela
02-09-2002, 05:06 PM
This is really wonderful. The contrasts are strong and really 'make' the painting! I'm so glad you finished it.
As I leaned forward for a closed look, that flower on the right poked me in the eye...well...it looked as if it could! ;)

Gisela

dnip24
02-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Amazing picture! Looks lovely

Debs
02-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Very deep and rich, I love how that looks.

AriadneArts
02-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Kitaye, these are lovely! You've got a very striking stained glass look going here!

02-11-2002, 07:33 AM
Hi Kitaye!!

This would make a great stained glass Art Deco window.

It reminds me a lot of the houses I see here in the centre of town (The Hague, Holland). I think it has something to do with the shape the flowers, but also your use of colours. Quite nice!!

Kat