PDA

View Full Version : FND Caron

Caron
02-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Decided to do this one in Acrylics on canvas about 10x10....
Exactly 2 hours....thinking of going back and doing the detail. Added the roses in the front even though the bush is not done:)

Caron:cat:

Luvy
02-08-2002, 11:21 PM
This is beautiful *S*

Mae
02-08-2002, 11:22 PM
I love it..amazing!

Wingnut
02-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Looking at this, I think I need to go back to kindergarden and learn some of that art stuff - this is amazing for the short time limit! :eek: YOUR GOOD!

sundiver
02-08-2002, 11:36 PM
How very Monet....and very good. :D

AriadneArts
02-09-2002, 12:23 AM
This is beautiful, Caron. I can't believe you got this much done in so short a time. Just lovely work!

Surfinia
02-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Oooo - this is gorgeous. I want to walk into the painting and sit awhile in the garden.

greencook
02-09-2002, 01:01 AM
This is great! :) This reminds me very much of a rose arbor in a park in Pt. Townsend, Washington. It brings back the cool ocean breeze and the scents of the roses for me.
I LOVE IT!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a great day! :)

arlene
02-09-2002, 01:34 AM
wow...you're a wiz with a brush...let her loose!!!!

sherville
02-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Okay, that was the photo, now post your painting...
OMG it is the painting!! :D
Excellent, Caron!!

auntie_chaos
02-09-2002, 08:11 AM
Caron ... this is great!!! I had to miss last night's drawing again ... I WILL make it one of these times!

Wally's Mom
02-09-2002, 09:40 AM
Fantastic Caron -- In only 2 hour s? WOW !!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

eadwine
02-09-2002, 09:44 AM
:clap:

one word: WOW!

MissMouse
02-09-2002, 11:57 AM
BEAUTIFUL I just want to take a walk down that path.....

Caron
02-09-2002, 12:24 PM
First off I want to say thanks Arlene for providing these great pics! It was tough picking one out that I wanted to do! Actually, I spent some time fighting with myself which ones were Rods and which ones were MM's:) And the one I chose I still have no idea???
I was surprised to see that I was the only one to tackle this one:) After when I was looking at all the postings, I began to think perhaps I had done a painting of a pic that was not on the posting! Wouldnt have surprised me this week...I think it was the arches that really drew me to it but I knew this was one that HAD to be done in acrylics!
It was really tough trying to add all the elements in that period of time and thought I was going to rip my hair out at some points(putting down brushes and then having no idea where I put them!)But I was honest and stopped right at the 2 hour mark. I better check the scanner and see how much wet paint actually stuck there!
:D
Thank you for all your really kind comments.I just started using greens and it was a frustrating time trying to mix the right shades. STill dont think I got the right ones but the technique was great to try..
It was great fun and VERY challenging! I wasnt going to participate-Ive been sick but Im really glad I did! :D

baquitania
02-09-2002, 12:30 PM
This ia AMAZING, which is what I told everyone for the few seconds my computer would let me stay in the chat room last night. I wish I could do acrylics that way, my retinas must be broken... sorry you were sick, I know the feeling... but so glad you could give us this wonderful painting...

Bobby :D

Lady Grey
02-09-2002, 02:36 PM
A secret garden ? It's not just a copy of a photo - it's alive, it's misterious and very "aromatic" (yeah, I ment aromatic - it's kind of a painting that speaks to all your senses)
Very good job Caron.
Lady Grey

Becca
02-09-2002, 02:47 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Another beauty Caron, must be nice to always get so many great reviews from everyone!

Do you sketch every aspect of your paintings before you paint, or do you just wing some of it?

Becca

gsb
02-09-2002, 05:02 PM
What a beautiful thing you've made of this! Goes way beyond the photograph.

Gisela
02-09-2002, 05:37 PM
This is a wonderfully rich piece! And in only 2 hours -- I'm impressed! :cool:

Gisela

BlackTigr
02-09-2002, 08:10 PM
Just *wow*.

--BT

Debs
02-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Oh my! Wow......at a loss for words, just beautiful..
I agree with wingnut, except I think I should just play with crayons and skip trying to do serious art now...lol

Caron
02-10-2002, 10:23 AM
Bobby and LG- thanks for liking it. :) I really enjoyed do this kind of painting. Its different from what Im trying to do now and it was kinda nice to just let loose and not be so precise with detail. :) I actually headed out to the art store yesturday to get another green(Im really trying to learn this mixing stuff and greens just arent going my way yet!)Read somewhere Hookers is an excellent base for landscapes. Im looking forward to going back in and completing this one and adding it to the postcard exchange:D

Becca-thank you for your compliments, they are appreciated:) In general I dont draw anything at all. I just do a quick plan in my head where objects should be and lay down the base by that. Hopefully everything will fall into place:)

gsb,Gisela,BT and Debs-thank you for liking it as well. I really enjoyed doing this and am surprised with how much I did get done in that time frame! I never would have thought I would have made it!:) Finally a piece I like where its going..Im looking forward to getting it done :)

It was fun do to and very challenging! Cant wait till the next one!