PDA

View Full Version : Endless Possibilities

hobbit
01-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi I have been posting on the mixed media board as I am a textile and fibre artist however I have an interest in digial art and have been admiring the many talented artists on this channel. Perhaps you guys could have a look at this and give me some feedback. I have used photoshop to manipulate and combine my own photos.

barryt
01-27-2006, 05:47 AM
An intriguing picture, Hobbit, 'though I can't read the white lettering easily, but does that matter?

jhercilia
01-27-2006, 08:49 AM
I like this collage. The only think I find too strong is the white spot to the left of the fountain.

TxAggieDarlin
01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Very interesting. Is this for something special?

omniartz
01-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Nicely done! Very interesting collage. Welcome :wave:

hobbit
01-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys for your comments. Barry, the white lettering is very faint but I wanted it to be very faded, from the past and almostly ghostly. You can almost read it but you are left to interpret your own story.
Janet, I see what you mean about the white spot. I think you are right it is a bit distracting. I had made it lighter in that corner to highlight the railway track (the jorney ahead) but in hindsight I think it is too light. Aggie, The story behind the collage ....Its 1945, my Mother, Nancy Lee was a warbride and here she stands in her wedding dress on a railway station in country New South Wales ready to set off on the journey (to get to the ship in Sydney) to rejoin her husband who has been sent back to The United States after the war. A huge journey to another country on her own but the possibilites are endless.

hobbit
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Whoops ...spelling error..highlight the railway track (the jorney ahead)
I guess you realise that it should read (the journey ahead) and thank you Kirk for your welcome. I'd love to post some more images soon.
Bev