PDA

View Full Version : New To Digital Manipulation

LightDancer
01-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone! I've been a photographer and painter forever, but am only recently "becoming" a fulltime artist. I've been hanging out in the acrylics forum for the most part, because I love to paint. But now I've discovered the joys of Photoshop, so I hope I can hang with y'all too. ;) I've been traveling in my RV for the last year and a half, photographing. I find that I like my photos, but I LOVE them when I abstract them a bit. Here's a sample of last night's work. The original photo was made at Lake Pleasant in Arizona, and is of a wildflower called the globemallow. I'm very open to C&C if any of you have suggestions, comments or whatever. :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/GreyhoundMama/mallowdigi2web.jpg

jhercilia
01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
The work is very good and appealing. I visited your blog. I like your traditional paintings, so I am sure you will do wonders digitally.

barryt
01-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Nice work Karen. I looked at your blog too, keep it going, it will be an interesting read. You could add links on it to your posts here, which could add interest

TxAggieDarlin
01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
It is very nice....took a regular picture and really changed the look!!! I like this, but have not done much...maybe I should try it.

omniartz
01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Your image has a nice soft and warm mood to it. Delicate too. Welcome! :wave: