PDA

View Full Version : English Bull Terrier - Pastels on Suede

dkmr1
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
This is approx. 9" x 12" suede matboard using pastel pencils and sticks.

Starting to get the hang of these pastels and really enjoy working with them. Even though the suede doesn't allow you to erase you can still go over the last layer with more colour. I find the only part you need to be especially careful of is the outside edges as you can't erase if you make a mistake. I attached one of the pics I took along the way.

This was our dog, Taz, our beloved bully. Working on this brings back a lot of bittersweet memories of him.

Thanks for looking.

Donna

ewin
01-26-2006, 03:08 PM
What a beautiful drawing and a gorgeous dog! Thanks for sharing!

khemosabi2
01-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Very nice Donna! I love his expression. :)

~Jessa

k9artist
01-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Beautiful!!

cyber_holic
01-26-2006, 04:09 PM
WOW Donna! This is amazing! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tatiana.M
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh Donna...this is beautiful!!! I just love this...what loving memorial!

This is such a small world Donna...I think I spoke with your husband not long ago about puppies. If I recall...our first bully Sadie is related to your Taz.
Tat

dkmr1
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Tatiana, sorry but I don't think it was my hubby you spoke to as we now have a Cairn "Terror" who's just over a year old. Taz was from Bulwark Kennels in Alberta. The memories are bittersweet because we made a choice to let him go to another family as we had an opportunity to move to Mexico. He was not a good traveler and decided it would be better for him to go to another family. A decision we have obviously regretted ever since. If his new owners didn't love him to pieces we would take him back in a heartbeat. One of those life lessons where you make the call that seemed right at the time. Oh well, I'm glad he's still alive and in good health and happy being a big couch potato.

Donna

Tatiana.M
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I saw your work first a local dog show last fall, then I got a call couple of months later, and I wondered at the time if you were that person. How many Taz's are out there....lol.

Your work in person is fabulous!!!
Tat

bizzy_vicki
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
wow! truly stunning, sums up the breed beautifully!

Pippin
01-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Very nice ! I love the expression on his face.
Chris

brushandknife
01-26-2006, 10:19 PM
What a beautiful dog, and what beautiful work. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Carol :wave:

momof6
01-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Donna this is an amazing portrait! He just jumps right out of the suede! So alive!

Sorry that you lost this lovely dog, but I am happy for him that he is happy and "loved to death" by his new family. I guess it's the best you could hope for when you give up your dog, isn't it?

Rose Baggs
01-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Great portrait Donna!!! Beautiful!

jody007
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Bravo Bravo you did a beautiful job!

JOdy