PDA

View Full Version : Kiln size for glass bracelet forming?

multipleseans
01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm wondering if anyone who has made glass bracelets over the stainless steel
mold would be able to tell me if a kiln measuring 8x8x4.5 is high enough to do that kind of work in (4.5 is the height)?
I'm thinking of getting an 84Aim kiln, and hope at some point to be able to form bracelets. Thanks, Sean.
p.s. has anyone used an alternative ( steel pipe ) to the comercial bracelet form?

Alan Cross
01-26-2006, 09:28 PM
As long as you can get th mould in most kilns will work.......I have one aim kiln and I really like it but mine is a big one...
Alan :)

NYCindy
01-27-2006, 05:54 AM
I've measured the steel bracelet mold - it is 3 inches high. Add the 1/2 inch or so of glass and you should be able to close it with an inch or less room.

I'm wondering if anyone who has made glass bracelets over the stainless steel
mold would be able to tell me if a kiln measuring 8x8x4.5 is high enough to do that kind of work in (4.5 is the height)?
I'm thinking of getting an 84Aim kiln, and hope at some point to be able to form bracelets. Thanks, Sean.
p.s. has anyone used an alternative ( steel pipe ) to the comercial bracelet form?

MiniLady
01-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I have the Hot Box Kiln by Evenheat ( 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 4" deep) and I can do the fused bracelets. I can only do one at a time, but it works.

multipleseans
01-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Thank you both so much!
I just bought the kiln (waiting on UPS), it's my first and I'm so excited to try this.
I rented studio time before, but the owner
wasn't keen on letting anyone try anything outside of fusing really small
2d pieces.

NYCindy
01-29-2006, 06:33 AM
You're welcome! Getting your first kiln is sooooo exciting! Not having to rent studio time to do what you love is awesome! Have fun!

Cindy

Thank you both so much!
I just bought the kiln (waiting on UPS), it's my first and I'm so excited to try this.
I rented studio time before, but the owner
wasn't keen on letting anyone try anything outside of fusing really small
2d pieces.