PDA

View Full Version : Prevailing Human Spirit

davinci
02-08-2002, 05:59 PM
This was done for the Society of Illustrator's "Prevailing Human Spirit" show, based on the event of sept. 11th.

dnip24
02-10-2002, 12:33 AM
doesn't look too bad! In my opinion is an original idea that picture
about the terrorism attack on USA, you need to improve the
shape!

davinci
02-10-2002, 01:52 PM
I dont understand what you mean...improve what shape? Its meant to be a loose drawing, with a "messy" look to it, thats my style, its not supposed to be hard edged. Im not even sure if thats what you meant though.

TeAnne
02-11-2002, 08:16 PM
This shows a lot of emotion, I love the line work. How did the show go?

davinci
02-11-2002, 08:43 PM
It went well, a lot of emotion, Sept. 11th hit the illustration community in NY hard. I personally saw the whole thing with my own eyes from 17th street. What a sight.

maha
02-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Here's my idiosyncratic interpretation...It's a lost soul, a victim of 9/11. The orange void behind him is heaven and he stands in limbo overlooking a shattered and victimized earth. He holds vigil with his candle until the earth is repared and again there is peace. It is then that his soul can ascend to heaven...knowing his loss was not in vain. A lot of meaning and symbology in this peace. I've seen some of your other stuff and appreciate your style.

davinci
02-16-2002, 04:21 PM
I like your interpetation. Personally when it comes to art I feel that whatever the person takes from the piece is what its all about. Of course when I start I have an exact idea of what it means to me when I do it, but that is more just for me and my vision. I love to see what different people take from it themselves.