PDA

View Full Version : www.bargainandhaggle.com

dk_art
02-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen this place .... I tried it on a couple of occasions and sold one painting there.

http://www.bargainandhaggle.com/

Sumafra
02-09-2002, 03:03 AM
I'm curious as to how you like this place compared to Ebay?

dk_art
02-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Well it's relatively new so it's going against the rather large ebay momentum .... but it does have the bonus of no listing fees. Only if something sells do you get charged. Also, because it's not an auction but a negotiation between the current potential buyer and the seller, there's no chance for predatory bidding (last second outbidding like on ebay which can be frustrating for buyers).

I only did it twice but it was neat ... basically like haggling over prices. An interested buyer enters the negotion and is the current only person negotiating with the seller. You can keep sending back and forth your latest offer and if it's accepted by both, the deal is done ... or either party can walk away and the listing is available for another potential buyer to enter the one on one haggle.

I think I'll put some on in a short time again .... it is free to list afterall.

Sumafra
02-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi David, I checked it out and I even listed a painting. But looking around in there, it seems very slow. I looked in several categories and found only one which had 'negotiating' on it. All the others were 'make an offer'. So it doesn't seem that there is a lot of activity over there. I like the format however so I hope that they will gain in popularity in time. It would be nice to give Ebay a bit of competition.

dk_art
02-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Hmmm , it does seem pretty slow. Even in other catagories. However that may mean that a lot of listings are just bought by the first bidder and then it it over ...... hmmm, I guess that sounds too good to be true. Ok, it's slow but the idea is great. Maybe over some time they can pry some action away from ebay. I know I'd love to be able to post at ebay for free :)