GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Family Outing
Year Created: 1993
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30X42 or so
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
As you can see this is fairly old, sold almost immediately I am posting it because I am thinking of doing something similar and have come to really benefit from the observations of the members here

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any crits will be useful. Unfortunately, as usual the photo leaves much to be desired the colors remain soft but are much more intense in the painting.

painter1960
01-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Beautiful painting. Sets me to thinking of Tchaichovsky. I would love to see another swan piece like this with red, maroon and yellow hues.

Zap
01-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Stunning. No more words are necessary.

megsy
01-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I'd like to see black swans in this situ. Are you able to do that? sorry white don't mean anything to me.

I tis a very pretty painting though. Mystic almost.

glenn payan
01-26-2006, 01:31 AM
light and water: always a nice mix. great feeling of the left swan splashing.

jannek
01-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I like it very much it has a real illustrative quality like something out of disney nice.

Constellation
01-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Corby.... This is as beautiful as a ballet. My only comment would be, other than that it's perfect as is, is that the cyngets could be a little more obvious and some of the circular ripples don't seem to lie flat. But it is a very poetic lovely thing. You ARE a talent! Donna

Spyderbabe
01-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey CK - I'm looking forward to seeing the new version! I wouldnt change too much - the palette works, the movement and arrangement of the swans, the sense that we are getting a glimpse of a 'moment'.... all A-1.

I would look at the level of those ripples as Donna mentioned. Also the foreground water seems like its going downhill - maybe a waterfall just off the canvas:eek: .. while a foreground of calm reflective water would set off that splashing in the midground.

Corby
01-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Painter, Zap, Megsy,Glen,Janek,Donna,Spidey! No wonder the forum is so useful! All the encouraging comments ,ideas and opinions! Thank you all! Yes I have done black swans before, and the comments about the water are well taken. I have never had any input from other artists on any of my work, so all your comments are of great value. I now have two swan paintings just itching to emerge from the canvas.

Constellation
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Cygnets.... sorry.... (poor little things!)

vargamari
01-26-2006, 07:18 PM
It is full with poetry! Amazing!

Best wishes,