Dimension: 3'x3'
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
any comments welcome

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I don't have any questions really.

mLee
01-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I like your stylization of the figures. The piece also has a lot of mystery to it. I am trying to figure out where they are going, but have no idea.

Dhuot
01-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Hello Nayana :wave:
It is very nice.
A big size too .
I love how you get to create such an impact with grey values and also ghow you combine so little colour that makes it work.

Ha, you work hard girl :)

01-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I think the flow ie the motion in the painting is implied. The grey background perhaps reflects a departure perhaps a group of people turned into refugees... The painting I must say has some deep impacts on our senses.
It could'nt have been better represented.

Constellation
01-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Nayana, this painting depresses me and I don't even know why. The figures look so resigned and the colors are so neutral and dead...... I guess I hope that life really isn't like this. It's very interesting but I know I could not live with this painting. Your painting technique is superb and it's such an intriguing painting.... good job. Donna

Nayana
01-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Nayana, this painting depresses me and I don't even know why. The figures look so resigned and the colors are so neutral and dead...... I guess I hope that life really isn't like this. It's very interesting but I know I could not live with this painting.

well, I suppose it will have a more dificult time selling because of that, but thats alright, for me I'd rather make someone feel then make someone want to take it home.
It doesn't depress me, but thats probably because its mine. It will hang on my wall.:D

Nayana
01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Daniel, Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated.

260171, thanks so much for your thoughts.

pero lane
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Hokey hey Nayana! It's beautiful...I feel probably one of your best! :clap: Would definately hang on my wall!:)

glenn payan
01-25-2006, 12:04 PM
wonderful shadow work

gobecky242
01-25-2006, 01:14 PM
COOL! I really like this and I am a total colour junkie, the more the better. I have been thinking of trying a monotone but have shyed away from it because I must have colour. Nayana you have inspired me. I will give it a go!!:clap:

T Christensen
01-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Great concept....find it interesting how your shadows are forms .....TerryC

Nayana
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
pero: thanks, you know each one I do someone sais that, I hope its a good thing. On the last one someone said "probably on its way to being your greatest work" I took that as sort of a challenge. I don't want to have done my greatest work at age 24

Glenn: thank you

becky: Thanks, I encourage you to try it, I tried it because of the effect it has on the colors that are there, it really helps them come out in many ways. I also have a black and white photography background so I like the drama that adds to an image. Its also good for honeing your tonal skills for mixing. My color class years ago was like boot camp, have to make the perfect grey scale etc etc...so I am putting it all to use. I recomend a color class for any painter it can be hard but very usefull.

T Christenson: Thanks, I like them to be forms, almost like bodies within themselves that together create an image.

Dhuot
01-25-2006, 10:12 PM
pero: thanks, you know each one I do someone sais that, I hope its a good thing. On the last one someone said "probably on its way to being your greatest work" I took that as sort of a challenge. I don't want to have done my greatest work at age 24

yet !!

But you know, some of your work will become for you, and for others also, a pivotal point in your painting career. A work where you will relate to a certain time, feeling and emotive stage. Also could be a work that will be "feeding" some other, so food for thoughts it is..... :)

24 hey ........ sigh :p

Nayana
01-25-2006, 11:17 PM
yet !!

But you know, some of your work will become for you, and for others also, a pivotal point in your painting career. A work where you will relate to a certain time, feeling and emotive stage. Also could be a work that will be "feeding" some other, so food for thoughts it is..... :)

24 hey ........ sigh :p

thanks Daniel, makes me feel better about the concept. I'd love to stay at 24, but then my art career would never progress:evil: :angel:

megsy
01-26-2006, 12:42 AM
After looking at this painting I thought about it after going to bed and pondered what it means.
What I got out of the painting: They are women in a stark reality.(your colours) They know where they are going.(their stooped stance)It's a sad place and a sad excistence. But they do it day after day. (They look like they board the bus regularly)

Before falling asleep I was content in the thought that it reminded me of a War zone, and the way people excist within one.

That's what I got out of it anyway.:cat:

Nayana
01-26-2006, 01:25 AM
megsy, thank you for your deeply thoughtful vew point on the painting.