GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: jars
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is on canvas board. I'm just now getting comfortable with acrylics. I did water colours for 5 years. I decided I needed more intense colour. There is a bit of a glare on the viewers left hand side. The colours on that side are just as intense as the ones on the right side.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I realize that I have broken one of the cardinal rules of composition, but I really think it works for this one.

Corby
01-24-2006, 05:37 PM
my mother collected old bottles, I see some familiar ones here. I am quite taken with the beautiful natural feel of the light that moves through this. The sparkle and color is somewhat muted where the tree stands outside the window, and as one moves left it gets brighter and brighter. The same happens on the bottom shelf with the additional reality that all the bottles are a tiny bit darker because the second shelf is somewhat blocked from light by the top shelf. Beautifully realized! Art rules are made to be broken knowledgeably!

Constellation
01-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Becky..... How much fun is this!!!! I love your "Jars".... and you can break all of the rules you want if you get results like this! Great composition even if they put you in jail!...;) Donna

Denisey
01-25-2006, 02:59 AM
:wave: What they said! It's great!

Denisey
01-25-2006, 02:59 AM
:wave: What they said! It's great!

space
01-25-2006, 03:38 AM
You have devided the picture at the centre horizontally n vertically ........n what a success u have had ! wonderful work!

megsy
01-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I want it hanging in my kitchen :)

jbitzel
01-25-2006, 11:02 AM
I think it would be compositionally stronger if there were only one shelf. IMO

gobecky242
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
WOW!! thanks all for the replies. I am mostly a lurk here on WC. As you can see I have not posted much for the time I have been a member and have only posted a few works, but I did really like the way this turned out and wanted to see what the community thought of it. I have moved from water colours to acrylics lately. I wanted more colour. I would use water colours at full strength right out of the tube sometimes and someone... on WC suggested that I try acrylics. Well it took me a few years to listen to them :rolleyes: but I don't listen real well sometimes. It took me a few tries to get the hang of them, but I really like some of my recent work. Perhaps I will post another work this week... :eek:

Corvus - thank you so much for your encouragement. I always like to read your posts and I know that you are not one to be shy about suggesting improvements.

Donna and Denisey - thanks so much - I hope they don't put me in jail :D

space - I try and break every rule they make - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I learn something every time.

megsy - I'm honored you would put it in your kitchen. It is for sale :wink2:

jbitzel - I think that with only one shelf the paining would have an entirely different mood and even demand a different painting style. Perhaps I will give it a try and see what happens :D

I really appreciate all of you taking the time to look and comment.

Thank you.