Anything

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything

Constellation
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Precious! I love your style of painting. Donna

Corby
01-24-2006, 12:18 AM
What a lovely glow you have achieved in this! I like the warm airiness of the sky as it advances toward you and turns into the burnished colors of the sand. Composition wise, the yellow bucket tends to distract me. I would like to see it as the bucket the child is working with. The blue bucket she is holding, while quite plausable, nonetheless seems too small. If an object seems needed where the yellow bucket is, to balance the picture, a piece of kelp or driftwood would work better as you can elongate it through and behind the form of the child to tie the whole togeather.

The child herself seems out of proportion ,her face is too long and flat/unmodled ,from the bottom of the nose/ear to her jaw/chin line. and her legs from the knees down seem somewhat weak and withered. These are easily fixed minor problems in the midt of an attractive painting! Keep up the beautiful work!

hward
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
This is the best work I've seen from you.

The overall color scheme and texture are very nice -- creative, indeed.

What's good about the painting does not lend itself well to being described in words -- a sort of repectful energy, pretty rare, unfortunately.

As mentioned above, the girl's feet are smaller than her
hands.

Most importantly, I'd try to integrate the beauty of the texture with the everyday reality of the subject matter. For example, the beach sand is highly textured, but the yellow bucket and the girl herself are undertextured -- even translucent new yellow plastic should have more texture.

Also, the shadows do not correspond with drawn position of the sun. This, though, minor, does detract.

Spyderbabe
01-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Once again I have a rather schozoid painting with two different styles (not totally unintended). The air and the sky not as thick and textured as the sand.And have a different brushwork. I cant stop myslef from doing this!

And that yellow bucket.... but I wanted a triangular area of interest... red plastic handle to sun to bucket and back to frame our girl.... I moved the sun more than once....I'de better tweak the shadows again.. would you believe her feet are partially buried? I agonized over the skin tones...

As always your insights are highly valued... will sit and ponder her for a while... thank you!

glenn payan
01-25-2006, 12:07 PM
the sky and water and sand and atmosphere are excellent. love 'em!
the girls' legs/torso seem out of porportion to me and she appears tight or stiff or posed or something.
Painting would almost work without the girl.

Spyderbabe
01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks for looking and commenting Glenn.