PDA

View Full Version : Little Boy & horse wip

jody007
01-22-2006, 10:41 AM
:D :wave:

Hey Everyone,

Well here's the other ( sample ) that I am working on for my client! It is 4"x5" on drawing paper in color pencils and acrylics!
If anyone see anything that you would change let me know! Oh I also need a
name for the drawings as well any suggestions:D ? Thanks to whoever these pictures belong too in the RL! Oh this is not done yet!

ALL C&C WELCOME JOdy:D

Dawn Melka
01-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi that is really nice, there is a great feeling about the piece. Cant wait to see it done :wave:

Pippin
01-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Oh , this is going to be really nice!I love to watch the interaction between children and horses.
Chris

Jackmorgan
01-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Jody, this is nice, it gives me a chuckle. That's such a sturdy looking little kid with his cowboy clothes on...Donna

cyber_holic
01-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Jody, this is looking great! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love this theme you've got going, these are great for 'samples' you should just seel these on too!
Seeing as you haven't finished I'm guessing you're going to develop the little boys hand, sorry it sounds rude, but it looks a little stumped right now, ignore me if you disagree. Maybe its just me.

jody007
01-22-2006, 04:26 PM
:wave:

Hey Everyone Thanks so much for your lovely comments I do appreciate them!

Oh I still have got too work on the little boy's hand and the mane and the back ground and eye of the horse!

No suggestions for a name yet?:D

ALL C&C WELCOME

JOdy

bizzy_vicki
01-22-2006, 05:31 PM
its lovely jody! how about 'i like your hat...' for a title :D

jody007
01-22-2006, 05:43 PM

Vicki,

LOl that's cute! That might be what I will call it! Thanks for your lovely comments and suggestion!

Jody:D

rimbauds shop
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Jody...I thought I'd pop in and have a wee look here. I have to say that I had a little chuckle when I noticed that there was in fact a human being there in the first post of yours I open :D.

The horse looks great to me...and the boy too.

Nice to actually see your work. Perhaps you really should start posting across in figures :)

jody007
01-22-2006, 07:14 PM

Hey Dave,

Good too see you here! Thanks for your lovely comments I do appreciate them! I went over too figures to chec it out too many butts LOL!:D

rimbauds shop
01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Ah...yes...not much in the way of clothing over there. I'd like to be able to comment further but I don't really know much about horses...other than to recognise on when I see one and not to stand behind them. This one certainly looks right to me.

jody007
01-22-2006, 11:00 PM

Ok Here's alittle more!

ALL C&C WELCOME

Julieanne
01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh, that little boy in the hat-so cute!

jody007
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM

Julie,

Thank you for your lovely comments I do appreciate them!

Simon Bland
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Jody,

I like the overall picture, composition and colors. The horse is excellent, of course.

The following jumped straight out at me as things that could be better (to my presbyopic, astigmatic vision at least): large size of child's lower jaw, over-large lips and grass/sky horizon under the horse doesn't align with the horizon in the rest of the picture.

Hope that helps !

Simon

jody007
01-23-2006, 08:04 PM

LOl Simon,

I think I better stick with painting animals LOL!:D Well I am done with it! I Know the lips are too big and the skin color is not right and his hand is not right I could go on and on LOL! I didn't know it was so hard to try to paint people! This is the way it will be frame!

ALL C&C WELCOME

JOdy:D

starfish2
01-30-2006, 05:01 PM
i know this sounds weird, but i like the first painting the most- the horse looked so good without the hair... and it was kind of like 'disapearing america', which would have been a good title.. the horse sort of fading around the neck and things,, very poignant... how about 'you're looking for a calf how big?' for a title... just joking : )... how about 'Just My Horse'? for a title

jody007
01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Teri,

Thank you for your lovely comments I do appreciate them!

JOdy

Iaartist
01-30-2006, 07:21 PM
oh, I really like that.

canvasjockey
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
What a cute piece!! It looks great, and I can't believe how small it is! I'm too hamfisted to work that small, good job!! If you're still bouncing around titles, how about "The Babysitter"??

slaterza
01-31-2006, 04:50 AM
Jody just saw this. Glad to see others painting in this size format one of my favorites. People are just not the same as animals are they. You have done a great job on this.

jody007
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments I do appreciate them!
I do like that Title (The babysitter) as well as all the others that everyone has suggested! I will keep these all in mind when I do more of these lol if I do anymore with people!
Sam you are so right it is so hard to paint and draw people LOL! I think I like animals better!

Jody