GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Wrapped Flowers
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Other
Surface: Board
Dimension: 4x4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I was feeling adventurous the other night.
This was the end product, a 4x4 piece of canvas board with an Impasto background and some VERY bad pastel flowers

My husband LOVES this little doodle, so much so he took it to work, he claims everyone loved it.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I guess I'm looking for just any feedback.
for one thing, I'm having a hard time (on another painting I'm doing) with the impasto. it dries too soon and also I can't quite get it to peak where it should and stay smooth where i want it to.
Any advice, comments, critiques are welcome.

I also have a hard time with the pastels, the dust gets all over the rest of the picture making it look muddy. how can I prevent this?

Corby
01-22-2006, 02:52 AM
and well they would. It is an exquisite little work. I like the delicacy of the pastel flower work on the hard stone like texture, it is in fact almost like having a piece of a cave painting in your hand! I also appreciate the way you incorporated the lines of the 'ground' into the flower pattern as well. As far as technique for either material, it is beyond my experience. Could you perhaps use the sticks of oil paint instead? They can be put on like crayon and left or they can be smudged around and so forth...

Dana Design
01-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Very nice! You might get some good advice from the pastels forum on the dust problem.

I like the flowers as they are. They look dreamy, faded and fading.

pampe
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
charming

agree about asking in PASTELS...I have never combined this way...it's interesting