PDA

View Full Version : concert in the chirch of Csiksomlyo, Transylvania

vargamari
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-21-2006/73216_Concert-in-the-church-of-Cs.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: concert in the chirch of Csiksomlyo, Transylvania
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Other
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
It shows my husband: he plaid again after a long time and I was so glad to paint about this moment.

Painted by encaustic (pure encaustic)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All words are welcome

corfublue
01-21-2006, 11:58 AM
YAY
another encaustic,
we may have to start a new channel.
I understand that you have to work very fast with this medium, we all know how quickly wax dries, I am sure it is no different.

I love the sensitivity of the the image.
My problem is the top left, the shape of what I imagine is to be marble, is in competition with the figure.
I think that shape would have to be broken up a bit.
If not, it might work as a darker colour rather than light.
Other than that, I like how you arange the rest of the light in the comp to bring us to the figure.
Valerie

T Christensen
01-21-2006, 01:23 PM
This is a first... but for me its too busy ( I'm the queen of busy) . It may be too much of the same color. Seems to need some contrast...TerryC

Valri Ary
01-23-2006, 12:22 AM
It is REALLY bright......I do like bright but I think this might need to be toned down a bit. I can only imagine how proud you are of your husband playing again after so long.
One trouble spot for me is that grey-ish wall or column to the left behind your husband....it really pulls my eye away from him. Fix that and tone down the brights and I think it will be a winner!

vargamari
01-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Valerie, TerryC and Valri Ary: thank you for your attention! I agree with you about the wall in the left side. When I look it again, I feel the same and I decided, to make some correction! Thank you, for the help!

Greetings,

Dantys
01-23-2006, 11:06 AM
wow, full of energy

Denisey
01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
it's just me, but i like it just the way it is. actually, my face did this:eek:
when i saw it first. i love it:clap:

01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
I think eucaustics as a medium provides loud colours which adds to the 'life' in the painting.
A4 paper is a pretty small place and there I can see a lot of delicate works all around.that means fine linework is possible in the medium. Whats your experience?
What do you think the longivity of eucaustics in comparison to oil?

vargamari
01-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Rahul! Encaustics is one of the oldest painting technique, what ever used (Egyptian-Roman age).
There are in Louvre some 3000 years old portraits of mummmys, wonderful, the colours have kept their brightness, without any changing.
The beeswax preserves the original tone and power of the pigment-powder.
As a final varnish I use dammar-varnish, or simple acryl-lack.
Thank you for your attention! When you try to paint with encaustic, and you have any questions, please ask me, I'll gladly answer.

Greetings,

01-25-2006, 02:43 AM
I will treasure your advice in this regards and surely try my hand in this medium.
Thanks for your reply.