PDA

View Full Version : Brach Mint...incidental

LarrySeiler
01-20-2006, 06:05 PM
4-1/2" x 5-1/2" oil on board

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2006/532-brachmint_completewc.jpg

enjoyed the challenge of the wrinkled paper...was a fun one to execute...

Larry

Lorijo
01-20-2006, 08:44 PM
It looks great Larry, I like the mint especially. Lori

LarrySeiler
01-20-2006, 08:48 PM
thanks Lori...was a fun one

mnpainter
01-21-2006, 02:30 AM
LArry, I know that you are busy with school and all but Id like to see a plein air yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last one I can think of is the Acrylic from last fall taht goreous one you know!!!!! I love this little painting it reminds me of the little candies that made me feel sain at work today!!!!! ehehehehehhehehehe.

Ben

LarrySeiler
01-21-2006, 07:31 AM
thank Ben...
well, did a plein air a couple weekends ago on a black ice situation...a gallery wanting some works of fishing shacks that have been moving for me. ITs been awhile...true. Holidays and family obligations have taken up some weekends, and not much time of day left after school. Just went thru end of quarter and starting new semester this next week, grading...curriculum changes just lots of...ugh, stuff! This morning I travel up to Arbor Vitae for a paint out benefit...but, again, that's indoors! Tomorrow a funeral of one of my best friend's father...who was like a second dad to me growing up. Just one thing after another.

Nocturnals might be my best bet if we get good moon...hopefully as daylight hours extend a bit more that will give me more opportunity. One thing I can look forward to as retirement draws near (eight years more I'm hoping). Working on my masters in painting right now too which will ask more of me than plein air...so, busy busy busy busy....

LarrySeiler
01-21-2006, 08:00 AM
hey...7am here, and just found out my wife's not feeling up to coming along today (as I had promised to bring her to shops following the paint out, in Minocqua)...so, the old cccCold garb is coming along, and maybe I'll be able to get a painting done this afternoon so...one might be forthcoming Ben! :)

JamieWG
01-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Mmmmmm! This is definitely one of my favorites of your incidental series so far. I like the way the light background works here too. Those wrappers look REALLy hard to paint!

Jamie

LarrySeiler
01-21-2006, 09:54 PM
the wrapper pulled off better than my expectations. It felt rough going to be honest. It was one of those faith moments, Jamie...where I kept pluggin' along coaching myself with assurance it would all come together.

That's what makes painting fun though is taking on something just a bit different having some unknowns...