PDA

View Full Version : House sketches

seejay
02-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Hi,

This is a small sketch ( less than 15 centimetres across) of a local house. This style of house is commonly known as a Queenslander around here.

Done quickly with dip pens and sepia ink. Not sure if the scan has affected it greatly, I haven't had a good look myself yet.

:)

seejay
02-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Here is another one...

Chris

RuthT
02-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Great detail Seejay, and I like the use of two colours.

Perspective looks good to me, although I am no expert on this.

Would look nice as a framed pair.

The top one appears to be on a hillside :D

sassybird
02-07-2002, 04:41 PM
I agree with RuthT. You did a great job on these, and using the two different colored inks really inhances the detail of both houses. The top house appears to be leaning to the left from my perspective though. Was that just from the scanning, or is it that way on the paper? Maybe that way in real life.......lol Houses on hills often seem to lean when they are actually straight. I would love to see some of these houses.

NorahT
02-07-2002, 08:04 PM
I agree with RuthT and Sassybird - I enjoyed this posting :)

seejay
02-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

I think I mentioned these were done quickly, so the high house has some perspective problems, for sure. I think it was on a sloping block, but not this much! :)

My wife works with someone who has asked if I would draw her house someday. It is an old farm house, so it would look good I'm sure. I need to get my act together and do it.

Chris

RuthT
02-07-2002, 09:36 PM
What a nice compliment to be asked to draw her house seejay.

Looking at these I am sure she will be pleased with the result.

Good luck with the project - it sounds like fun.

Christie
02-12-2002, 11:48 AM
These are very nice! I like the personality that you have managed to capture in these drawings.

seejay
02-12-2002, 09:04 PM
RuthT and Christie,

Thanks for your comments...:cat:

Chris