PDA

View Full Version : Dance

vargamari
01-20-2006, 05:50 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-20-2006/73216_Dance1-ready.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-20-2006/73216_Dance1-sketch3.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-20-2006/73216_Dance1-sketch7.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Dance
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Other
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 17 x 21 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've tried to portray the essence of dance.

Painted by encaustic on a pass-partout card.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All words are welcome.

01-20-2006, 07:40 AM
You Have truely portrayed the mood for the preparation of a dance in the abstract land of art. Its simply a poetry in paper and colours are its words.
The paper work is great. I would like to know something more about the paperwork behind the scene. The red background paper I think is handmade type. I think there are places where you have used Acrylic or similar medium for finishing.
Great work I love it.

vargamari
01-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Thank you Rahul for your attention! The whole painting was made exclusively by encaustic (melted beeswax, mixed with pigments), there was no other medium. It was the whole paper in one piece of white pass-partout paper card, I've made that red frame with wax, too. It is no background, no separatly made as a frame; is it inclueded in the painting. Thanks again!

Corby
01-20-2006, 09:21 AM
This is amazing! The energies swirling around that fire! The painting would profit from a double matting I think. The inner red mat, black mat on top of that, and then a thin enameled red frame to match the inner matting. This is a beautiful thing. The encaustic does something subtle with color. Being wax, is there a problem with heat sources and keeping it clean?

vargamari
01-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Thank you CorvusCorax, I'm really glad, that you like it!
There is not so much problem with wax, because it begins to melt above 60, and I always give a final varnish with dammar, or acryl-lack, so it is saved and keeps its brightness.
Best regards,

Constellation
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Very lovely.... the dancers momements are all there to feel.
I also like Corby's question.... is there a problem wtih cleanliness and framing.... will the varnish prevent that wax from melting in the future? Donna

vargamari
01-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Donna, as I told, there is no great danger of melting the wax (only don't put it on the sunshine longer time), because its melting point is over 60. The varnish prevents the painting rather from scrubbing and keeps the brightness of the colours.
Greetings,

01-24-2006, 03:26 AM
:D Friend, I think this is simply a fresh new medium. New doors have been opened in our Forum by this work of yours. You should also post it in the Mixed Media/Alternative Materials/Other Media Forum. I am sure they will love it.
I have already tried for the eucaustics website, with luck I will try my hand on it. thanks for the introduction to such a great medium.
You said something about varnish. What type of varnish do you use?

vargamari
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi, thank you for your advice and your praise!
Usually I use dammar-lack, or simple acryl-lack as final varnish for encaustics.

Best regards,