PDA

View Full Version : Help with logo

wetclay
01-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum and have been lurking in the shadows for quite a while but I'm stuck. I'm a photographer and a closet graphic designer with some decent logo work (mostly typography logos). The problem is my church asked me to come up with a logo for a mercy ministry that provides food, clothes, and any other necessities to needy/poor people.

The name of the ministry is "Helping Hands" and their idea for the logo is to have a cross in a pair of cupped hands like it was being offered to someone. The cupped hands would be like you were getting a drink of water from a stream. We are a contemporary church so the logo needs to match our "style" somewhat. You can view the website here:http://www.mycalvary.com

I know what I want it to look like but I have NO drawing skills and my illustrator skills are not much better. I need this in a vector format and colors are not that important at this point. I can always change them in the future if they want them changed.

I want the logo to be kinda loose and flowing with very few pen strokes. Minimalistic definately and I would prefer if it didn't have any gradients in the logo. If anyone could give it a shot, I would appreciate it a ton!! you can email me if you need more info at wetclay(at)comcast(dot)net

thanks in advance and I can't wait to see what you guys and gals come up with.

jhercilia
01-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I am not sure if someone will do the work for you, but why don't you take a picture of your own hand in the desired position and then in your program use it a base or starting point and trace them with paths.

beautifulfreak
01-19-2006, 06:15 PM
For an image used in a logo provided by someone other than you(actually even you) your chruch should make sure they get an exclusive transfer of copyright. Most times its not a big deal but logos need to be trademarkable and they can't really trademark something when the copyright is held by someone else. The person that provides the images should retain the right to display that image and the finished logo in their own portfolio both online and in print. I know its not something you asked about but I thought it might help your church down the line if a reproduction issue came up later. Maybe ask fellow churchmembers if anyone has some drawing ability and you can scan in their drawing but still get that tranfer of copyright.

peace, bf

wetclay
01-20-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks beautiful, I'll keep that in mind.

The problem as I stated before...I'm virtually clueless with illustrator so figuring it out is not in the cards right now. I guess I'll search somewhere else for the help.

thanks anyway.