GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Loch Ossian
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 10 x 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I notice a few things wrong with this painting, the triangular trees to the far right should be lighter i think and also i'm not too great at doing rocks yet.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Other than the above comments, did i manage to catch and Scottish feeling in there?... :)

Constellation
01-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi Ronnie..... This is a pleasant painting and could be anywhere in the world.... the first thing I noticed is that it's very flat and lacks depth.. the values all seem to be about the same.. Darkening the forground water and putting some reflections into it might help. giving the hillside more detail could help. I very much like your trees and buildings....it just seems like an unfinished painting to me.....but it has big possibilities. Donna

Corby
01-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I am quite impressed with your handling of the trees that march up and encompass the house! You have a great technique. I think Donna put her finger on the main weakness with the painting. Also the rocks would be more exciting if instead of just being spotted around they were organized into an attractive pattern. Keep up the good work, there IS some beautiful work in this painting.

angela
01-20-2006, 03:31 PM
This is a very peaceful painting. I think if you added more contrast, especially in the foreground water, it would help! Other than that, its very pleasant. I like the color and composition...and its very relaxing to look at!
Good work!

pampe
01-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I agree with them^^

You might also post this in the WATERCOLOR GALLERY for more specific comments

corfublue
01-21-2006, 12:39 PM
These trees are great, so much character.
it seems like the rocks are taking away from them......this is where you decide what you want the viewer to be looking at....trees or rocks.

I think the rocks are all to similar. I would be tempted to make some more ambiguos.
Then a direction problem,
the rocks bring my eye from left to right
over and over again,
you need a link to the other dimension....lol......the ground.
I would exagerate that reflection of the tree - at the point,
that will link the water to the trees.
Valerie

T Christensen
01-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Everything Valerie said ^....overall your style is great, there is charm and a feel of old art . Just work more on composition ..try not to scatter and cluster instead. I don't do landscapes but find that having 3 points of interest works as a rule. Love those trees............TerryC