PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Finished- Shadow and Reflected Light

online art
02-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Well here's the finished (probably - putting it away for a few days then I'll look again) Zebra painting 24IN x 16 1/2IN thanks everyone for helping me out with the shadow and reflected light suggestions.

I feel that I have learnt more about shadows on this painting than any of my others.

It's funny but this painting was supposed to have been kind of an easy one after my recent big Lion painting. Who would have thought that painting black and white horses could be so difficult!!! LOL.

Comments welcome and appreciated as always

No digital alterations please.

(image looks better when viewed in photoshop etc).

online art
02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Here's a detail to go with it.

walden
02-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Excellent job!

paintfool
02-06-2002, 08:06 PM
OMG Jason! No digital alterations? As if anyone would!! :D these guys just jump right out at me. I love the fact that there is no competition from a needlessly detailed background. Excellent job of a very difficult subject. I'm sorry that i can't offer and assistance to you but i had to comment!! Is this acrylic or oil?
Cheryl

sandokan
02-07-2002, 04:06 AM
Only a word:
wowwww!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

blondheim12
02-07-2002, 05:35 AM
Really beautiful. Congratulations on a fine job.
Love,
Linda

online art
02-07-2002, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's an oil painting. It took me about 2 weeks to paint, painting most evenings after coming home from work.

Oh, and you can see how I painted this one step-by-step on my site if anyones interested.

;)

Einion
02-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Excellent job. My only comment, and this is nitpicking, would be to have either more or less detail in the background - as it stands I keep on wanting to see more branches or just suggested forms. Again, great stuff.

Einion

vasudha_ch
02-13-2002, 09:02 AM
Hey really too good. thanks for posting.

Merriel
02-16-2002, 05:52 PM
these are beautiful. The way the strip is light at the top and as you go down

Merriel
02-16-2002, 05:55 PM
sorry about that. I don't know how to correct my note. but your
zebra's are beautiful. I really like the light on the back and then the strip goes down and gets darker and darker. All your values are really
great. The nose with a different color on them. How long have you been
doing animals?

Leirrem2

online art
02-17-2002, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the comments - Einion and Vasudha.

Leirrem2 - I have been painting for about 3 years now, the last 2 with oils. I started off painting mostly landscapes until I felt confident enouugh to have a crack at some wildlife, the last 6 months.

I have painted, I think, 6 paintings of wildlife - mostly birds - but I would class only the last 4 as real attempts. So as you can see I class myself as a real novice.

As I learn, I post step-by-steps on my site, so that beginners can learn from my mistakes.

Thanks everyone.:clap:

weece
02-24-2002, 02:00 AM
this is stunning. well done:)

Albert L.
02-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Hy online art!!!

Your painting is wonderful!!! :) I really like it. I love it how you made the background and I really love the zebras. One of the best works I have seen here. :)

- alb!!!

P.S.: I was on your homepage a while ago and it really helped me. :rolleyes: :D :D

amanda
03-05-2002, 09:58 AM
Just gorgeous, thanks for posting them. They have a grace about them alongside a wildness!