PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed....

NW3482
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I am BADLY wanting to go to RISD. Does anyone know anything about it or how to come up w/ the funds to go???

Axl
01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Grants, Bursaries and Scholarships!!

dguy
01-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are hoping to find. There's FAFSA and CSS, they are financial aid packages that all college students have to pay for tuition. You should do a google search of them to learn more. Aside from that there is no "trick" or "secret" way to come up with that kind of dough.

And with RISD they are very selective. I believe the deadline is Feb something, and they require a portfolio to their specification (like they ask you to draw very specific things, so chances are you won't be able to use previous works). You probably have like 2 weeks to do their portfolio. If it was me I would just put all your effort into making a good portfolio, and hopes it get excepted. And fill out a FAFSA immediately, even though deadline for FAFSA is March 1st, but by then all the grants are gooone. Best of luck to you.

oneima9
02-22-2006, 03:56 PM
RISD is very very difficult to get any money from (scholarship wise). have you looked in to it alot or are you going off of reputation? It wasn't what I thought it would be when i visited and asked around. but then again I've heard of one person who llikes it. but i also know 3 people who left. one of whom transfered to MICA (where i go) because he couldn't afford it. Money is part of the reason I chose not to go, i got in and it took me forever to choose what school. But Providence is an awesome town. and if you look into and decide its right for you...work really hard on the home test and you might get some scholarship. also, competitions can be really helpful...even if they don't give you any money, they look good and can help you get scholarships from schools. especially state competitions. look at AARTS and ask a teacher about the state scholars program.