PDA

View Full Version : Artrage experiment... ;o)

LadyAlba
01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I've been working on this painting for WDE off and on for the last few days and had it done this far...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2006/29951-copper-artragebef.jpg I decided to take it into Artrage and finish it off to see if I could do it....:cat: turned out not bad I had to use the pallette knife on the outlining that I forgot to turn off LOL and used a little artrage on the pot too.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2006/29951-copper-artrage.jpg
I have decided I am going to get serious about learning this program I think with practice it can work out good I do love the way the paint goes down in it so will be doing some paintings in this for a while LOL

Chiers
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi Marge, Artrage has a terrific painting engine for oil simulation doesn't it. I have installed and removed it from my computer a dozen times now because of that. I love the way it paints but then I am reminded of the size limitation. Keep that in mind if you are going to paint something you might want to print.

omniartz
01-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Lovely! :clap:

JCoop
01-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Marge, nice coloring, good job!:)

Sher, if I'm not mistakened ArtRage's size restrictions were dropped with the updated version. Not sure, but I think so.;) If I'm right, get ready to reload it yet again.:D

waheednasir
01-18-2006, 03:06 PM
looks good ladyalba...i would just suggest a shadow of the tray on the surface its on, a very thin may be, but it would be there...:). or do something that makes the thing looks resting on the surface, it seems to be floating at the moment.
nice job on removing those outlines...colors are good as well...:).

barryt
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Lovely painting Marge. All that's missing is a bit of steam coming from the teapot and me sitting by the fire in my slippers.

leofaerie17
01-18-2006, 04:11 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Shall i pour mother, very nice Marge:clap:

cunparis
01-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Marge, nice coloring, good job!:)

Sher, if I'm not mistakened ArtRage's size restrictions were dropped with the updated version. Not sure, but I think so.;) If I'm right, get ready to reload it yet again.:D

I just created a canvas 3000x2300 so I think canvas size is OK. But I have a problem, the brush runs out of paint very quickly. I don't find any way to simulate a very oily brush, like if I want to tone my entire canvas or block in shapes. Is it possible? If not I could start in Painter and then finish in ArtRage.

LadyAlba
01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone and Bev you can pour! ;o) No Sherry size is not a problem with the 1.1 download. ;o)
Here is an update tried to put in the shadow on the table :wave:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jan-2006/29951-copper-artrage2.jpg

justjean
01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
grrrreat job in artrage Marge :clap: I'm still struggling and getting more and more frustrated LOL that darn palette knife is driving me crazy :mad:

Shan Khurram
01-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Marge , you have done very nice. Your subject is beautiful. For me, It is always difficult to work in Art Rage for fine details , I found it suits for impression Art work.

LadyAlba
01-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Thank you Jean and Shan...That is what I thought too about the impressionist work in Artrage but I have seen some very detailed work done in it so it can be done I think it is just completely using the program until you get control of it. :wave:

jhercilia
01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I just created a canvas 3000x2300 so I think canvas size is OK. But I have a problem, the brush runs out of paint very quickly. I don't find any way to simulate a very oily brush, like if I want to tone my entire canvas or block in shapes. Is it possible? If not I could start in Painter and then finish in ArtRage.
I don't see any setting in Art-Rage to be able to fill out the canvas with a color. But you can always create it somewhere else and import it into artrage. There are no ways to modify a brush either. That's the "price to pay for a free program.