PDA

View Full Version : Art Contest for Young artist

rainynightstarz
01-17-2006, 03:21 AM
This is the closest forum I can found to post this question.

What are some contests that Young Artist can enter?

Axl
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Do you mean, like, under 18?

rainynightstarz
01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
yes, under 18, but if you know anything thats for the age group around 18 is fine too.

I'm 16 right now, so yeah, unfortunatly , i grow older every year so eventually i'll be over 18 pretty soon, so if you know any thats like under 25 or something is good

Axl
01-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure what is going on national.. and information I have probably wont help you out anyways (since I'm in Canada)

I've been keeping an eye on the Call for Artists forum that post about various exhibitions and contests and it seams many of them are for 18+. When I was younger, most of the contests I heard about came from school, and other local sources. Ofcorse, then they were also local/provincial contests.

Usually I just keep my eye on various places for exhibitions and contests. I am part of an arts mailing group here (email) that informs me of everything up-and-coming with arts/performance/writting/music in the area. There are a few livejournal artist communities I browse and sometimes people post about things they hear about. Similar things happen here on the boards; people posting about competitions as they hear things.

But I wish I could help you out! Right now I just haven't heard of anything going on for the under 25/youth crowd.

rainynightstarz
01-22-2006, 11:10 AM
well, thanks!

jmp
01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
there are the junior competitions for duck stamps and possibly other wildlife stamps- I know they have a federal but there are also contests in some states. Just look up junior duck stamp on the web.

jmp
01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
also, winners of the junior federal get alot of recognition!

Axl
01-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I wasnt sure before that the wildlife stamps were up for juniors, but glad to hear that they are

. Larry Seiler, one of our moderators here (in plein air and illustration and others, i believe, if you go to look him up) has posted some good informative threads on these wildlife stamp competitions in the past, and i think a quick search under his name will probably bring them up. He would probably be eager to answer any questions you'd have on the subject as well, as I believe he has participated in many of these competitions in the past.

rainynightstarz
01-22-2006, 01:09 PM
i'm more interested in painting and drawing competitons since i don't do stamping

Axl
01-22-2006, 01:27 PM
:D

Actually you paint/draw the image, you win, and they publish it on the stamp.

jmp
01-22-2006, 02:57 PM
look it up on the web, the contest is more more thoroughly explained there. they let you know what the subject is, be it ducks or a type of fish or other wildlife, what size it should be etc. The fee to enter goes (usually) towards conservation, there are cash prizes, and, I'm not too sure about the junior, but the winning painting is immortalized on a stamp, the kind that hunters or fishermen are required to display at all times when out MURDERING said subject. Also, these stamps and prints are collectors items, and go up in value over time.

I