PDA

View Full Version : "c...is For......"

S.McPherson
01-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Continuing with my food theme....had to do this one as it was getting a little sad looking. We enjoyed our califlower with dinner tonight. thanks for looking.:) Sandyhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Jan-2006/65215-100_0190.JPG

JamieWG
01-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi Sandy. I'm so happy to see you continuing with the alphabet series! I find light colored objects with subtle shading/coloration differences very difficult. I think you did a good job here with the nooks and crannies and texture. I find the very dark and highly saturated shadow a little less convincing. If there isn't much contrast in the subject due to diffused lighting, the cast shadow also will likely not be very high contrast. Perhaps bumping up the contrast in the cauliflower itself will help to unify the look of the light and shadow in the piece as a whole. For example, with the light coming from the side as the shadow seems to indicate, there would be strong shadows cast on the leaves on the left.

This is watercolor, right? I find watercolor sooooo hard and truly admire work in that medium. Can you tell us what size and what kind of paper you're using?

Jamie

S.McPherson
01-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi Jamie, I always appreciate your comments and observations! This is watercolor, 8x10 on 140 # paper. I also did the crab leg. I will study thoes shadows more closely. Thanks again:) Sandy