PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Moonlit Sonata

corfublue
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-16-2006/58344_Clipboard01wc2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tropical Moonlit Sonata
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 68 inches by 48 (tripteck)
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Started working on large formats this past week.
I did this one last night.
when they are this big, I have to leave them for a while to figure out if they are done or not.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything at all........

Constellation
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
This is amazing and you did it in one evening! It's great! I'd like to see the background color more consistant in the 3 panels but other than that it's fun and refreshing and I love it! Donna

corfublue
01-16-2006, 08:36 PM
That is why I stopped. I didn't know If I should push the blue around more.........or block it in terms of space and shape!?!?
I think I overdosed on painting a bit...when the objectivity is gone...Time to post.....:D
This image is also on my website, the resolution is a tad better. But the picture was taken indoors. It's like -30c out there.....the good pics are going to have to wait untill it warms up!:D
Valerie

VanArt
01-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi corfublue. I have always wanted to reply to your work but always get a little intimidated because your work is so beautiful and delicate. You are very talented! I feel like I am not worthy of a critique (as I am a self taught artist). This piece is is very large and well balanced. Your color choices are what impresses me the most. I checked out your website...:cool:

Vanessa

gaugin
01-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Got to say I like this a lot,
Its hitting the mark, just about everywhere.
Composition and flow, a nice energy to it.
My only critique would be the third panel, jumping out of the value range that’s in the other two.
Those dark passages have no real family members anywhere else. Almost looks like it was painted at a different time. The flow through the other two panels is so nice. I think those darks need to be balanced out somewhere or just toned down.
Anyway a wonderful return for your evening.

Dhuot
01-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey Val :clap:
The right panel bottom half really rocks :clap:
A few more brush strokes ,me thinks, to bring it somewhere nice...
But it is nice :rolleyes:

Spyderbabe
01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
First thoughts: The right panel pears have shadows that are too deep in value compared with the rest... and the shadow on the vase in the center panel is rather muddy looking - need to work that baby. As well as the center panel, center pear which looks more like a heart.
Keep at it. I think you will get somewhere.

corfublue
01-17-2006, 01:13 PM
My Struggle is that i don't want to de-muddle the back flowers.
My goal was to look at he yellow flowers and all the other parts are blurry. Like when you look at anything at all........whatever is not in focus, is not in focus.
I think I will leave it muddled, and build up the pears a bit more.
I tried tonning down the dark shadows in the pears on the right......but then there was a HUGE balance problem. It's a funny conp and I have to be very careful with that.
Vanessa....don't be shy!
I used to be that way too. I learn more this way.:wink2:
Thanks for the compliments.
Donna, you ca imagine how tired I am fter a week of these.
It's not sitting painting....lol.
Gaugin, I will tweek today, with all the panels upside down. sometimes I switch them around a bit too. It used to work, but it's been a while since I did these triptechs.
Cosmo, I think when I flip it, I'll be able to balance it. Fortunatly it doesn't feel far.
It'll al make more sense when it's upside down.:D
I did this other tripteck the other day that my boyfiend and i think should be displayed upside down......lol. It looks realy good that way....pouffette.

Dana Design
01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Agree with gaugin.

Also, the flowers at the tops of the panels looked squashed and the circle is in the dead center of the painting attracting too much attention. With all that's going on, is the circle/ring necessary?

Love the colors, Val! good work!

corfublue
01-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I see that.
perhaps if I draw more attention to the foliage.
I have to work the eye more.
thanks.
i'll try posting later........
time to paint.

corfublue
01-20-2006, 04:56 PM
So I have spent a couple of days looking at this painting.
Today I turned it upside down, and this is what came of it......
it's so big, you see many pixels. I think it will show better when I put it on my website.

Zap
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
I rather like everything about this. It appears free and spontaneous - which I like very much in painting. It doesnt appear contrived. If that makes sense to you.

Corby
01-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I guess I AM easy, my first and lasting impression: A beautiful example of Impressionism that I would like to own.