Dimension: 6 x 8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
anything

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

glenn payan
01-16-2006, 05:54 PM
really like the color tones but all the action is fairly centered.

Corby
01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
There does not seem to be enough information here for me. It could be Blue Skies as you say...or in my mind it is the start of a sensational wave breaking on the beach. In my opinion it seems that we equate small size (6X8) with things of lesser importance. This could be worked up into a real gem, a sparkling small jewel, a treasure in an outrageously Rococo frame!

corfublue
01-17-2006, 12:39 AM
This would be so strong if you slapped on a few messy layers of gesso on the canvas as prep.
I can't get past shreddies.....:o
aside from that.......your palette is developing nicely.
Valerie

Spyderbabe
01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
What in the world are shreddies?

Corvus - my first mistake was in picking up these canvases that are 6x8 - I have some great frames in the 5x7" format and an ornate gold frame is what I intended. (How did you know!?)
Glenn - I wanted the lightest area to be counterbalanced by the red... a few more glazes are in order.... in fact it may be a wave. ;-)

corfublue
01-17-2006, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Spyderbabe]What in the world are shreddies?

)[/QUOTE
oops, sorry I should explain.
The little squares from the canvas. They look like shredded wheat when they are not worked out..

sugar tree gal
01-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Kathleen...this is going to be fantastic.... love the red.....:) Janice

bronzeo
01-18-2006, 06:32 AM
I immediately see an alligator arising from the surf. After seeing it, I have to focus out to make a landscape out of it. I don't think I would change a thing for fear of losing this. I think it is a great stroke of luck, or inner genious at this point.

Spyderbabe
01-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Bronzeo - I love your vision!
Janice - thanks... good to see you again.
Val - shreddies ;-) funny!!... I dont notice them IRL... this is only 6x8" and its a high resolution close up.