PDA

View Full Version : Aslan Progress Pic

BlackTigr
02-05-2002, 09:39 PM
I applied a couple of layers of ebony pencil to the Aslan pic. I don't think my mind has figured out how to do the mane texture yet, so I am just basically coloring at this point. But I like to color.

--BT

dnip24
02-10-2002, 12:29 AM
that remembered me the lion king picture! Looks excellent!
Nice job!

BlackTigr
02-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I am not sure that is a compliment.

--BT

TeAnne
02-11-2002, 08:13 PM
He is so cute :) I know nothing of illustration but I think u are off to a good start :)

BlackTigr
02-11-2002, 11:19 PM
TeAnne, thank you for the nice words. I don't know much about illustration, either, but this is my 3rd Aslan. As they say, 3rd time's the charm. ;)

--BT

strawberry
03-09-2002, 12:10 PM
I think you've done a good job of capturing his dignity in this. That was one of the things that really bugged me about the animated The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe--he looked too cute and bouncy in that. I want to see one with Lucy in it, too!:clap:

BlackTigr
03-10-2002, 02:24 PM
Wow, you really paged back to find this one...

I have a set of specific images in my head for the Chronicles series, but I will have to do my yearly reading of it and bookmark things this time to make sure I get the details right. I know Aslan isn't an anthro in the series, but it seems to work, at least conceptually...

I'll have to let you know if I do a Cair Paravel series. I probably will. It will be more of a when than an if.

--BT