PDA

View Full Version : Incidental...one for the road, blessing or a curse

LarrySeiler
01-15-2006, 08:21 PM
5"x 7" acrylic...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jan-2006/532-blessingor_cursewc.jpg

cleaned my studio at home enough (new shelving) I was able to work here, but my wife doesn't do well with the smells of oils in the house, so used acrylics....

Needed to clean..which shot another day to paint outdoors. Gray day and uninspired anyway...

Larry

Lorijo
01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I love the bottle cap, the bottle looks a bit strange, needs a highlight or two.

You got the lovely highlights on the cap edge so the bottle should have some too. Lori

pameladallaire
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Good job with the acrylics, I like the bottle cap. Don't forget to give us an acrylics WIP. :)

DLGardner
01-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Excellent bottle cap Larry.

Dianne

LarrySeiler
01-16-2006, 07:55 AM
I love the bottle cap, the bottle looks a bit strange, needs a highlight or two.

You got the lovely highlights on the cap edge so the bottle should have some too. Lori

I can see how one might think they should be there Lorijo..thanks. There were none...and I looked at that stupid bottle for an hour...believe me! Probably because the light was above higher up...

I don't mind it not having a highlight, because that aesthetically draws less attention to the bottle anyway. Wanting more attention drawn to the cap. Actually...I have personal and philisophical reasons for such, and it has to do with some of the dangers that alcohol has for families for one...(I could go on). Though I am not opposed to moderation. Its just that reflection and responsibility are encouraged with this piece. I hoped the title would lead to that as well.

thanks for the crit though...always good to have and weigh, appreciated

Larry

LarrySeiler
01-16-2006, 07:57 AM
thanks everyone...

appreciate your looking

Rosic
01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Superb cap!