PDA

View Full Version : assemblage anyone?

Mae
02-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Any assemblage devotees out there? I recently broke away from my 2 dimensional ball and chain to give this medium a whirl..It certainly got my brain churning..and gave me an opportunity to support my inner junk/ garbage collector!

joemajury
02-06-2002, 07:03 PM
If we saw that over here, we would be calling out the Bomb Squad !!!
Very unusual - Ive never heard of this medium, can you tell us more about it

Joe
;) ;)

PatB
02-07-2002, 12:25 PM
I love it. Everything goes together, the monk contemplating, and the time pieces. Thinking about our time here, or time left, or time past.
Pat

sassybird
02-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Mae, it has been years since I have done any work like this. It is fun though :) Collage in 3D! With all the bits and pieces I have collected about friends and family over the years this might be a good way to put them together for Christmas or birthday gifts. I was just going through a big box of photos the other day, and thinking that I ought to send them out to the people they were of for their keepsakes. You have given me a great idea. Thanks:D

Mae
02-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your comments sasssybird, Pat and Joe! Yes i agree it is a magical medium..and lots of fun if you have a playful side itching to surface..or serious message you want to relay in a different way..
i found this medium to be the one for me post September 11th..it was easier to convey my inner thoughts with bits and pieces I found around me..Joe - my form of assemblage is to find an interesting box or container and fill it using collage.."found treasures.".and put them together in a way that expresses a thought, feeling or message..It's reallly up to you how you construct your art..which is the magical part ;)

Mae
02-09-2002, 07:14 PM
here is another piece..a box ..image of an antique doll...bottle caps etc....i did a series using old doll motifs..called it the "charming doll" series..

Merriel
02-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Wow these are great. Looks like fun to do.

Leirrem2

Leaflin
02-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Mae these two pieces are wonderful :)
I have yet to find a way of really expressing how I have felt since September 11th.
Perhaps I could give this a go.
Thank you.

diane555
03-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Hi Mae

These are both terrific! I love this form of art. I particularly like the top one...it has such great colors and composition. Sort of has a timeless appeal to it. Thanks for sharing.

Di

Mae
03-07-2002, 08:57 PM
thank you for commenting leirrem2, leaflin and diane555..this art is truly close to my heart..because it allows me to break away from my artist confines..and let my mind roll :cat:

artbabe21
03-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Outstanding work Mae!! Very inspiring! I love this form of arting, a break from other mediums and makes me think differently. But I have collected so much stuff, my studio looks like a thrift shop!

~Art is long and time is fleeting~

Mae
03-20-2002, 08:35 PM
I can truly identify Artbabe! lol! Collecting can be verrry addictive..(my daughter gets more than a little embarrassed when I find interesting stuff on the road and in the garbage)..but it's great to collect treasures for one's art and environmentally friendly too!:cat:

artbabe21
03-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Mae wrote--
I can truly identify Artbabe! lol! Collecting can be verrry addictive..(my daughter gets more than a little embarrassed when I find interesting stuff on the road and in the garbage

LOL! I have been a collector all my life, you should have seen me with my family last year in Paris, picking up ephemera off the streets, they were mortified then decided I WAS recycling and began to help me collect-----though they had no understanding what so ever of this sort of 'collecting'. They did decide I deserved an award from the city for cleaning up their streets!!
artbabe~

reynolds
04-07-2002, 10:54 PM
i love assemblage!!! this is great and i hope to see more. i have quite the collection of stuff in fact when my kids break or dismember a toy they know that i will not yell but that i will use it in my art collection;)

TeAnne
04-08-2002, 07:30 PM
I like these :D We call it installations here. It really makes you think of placement. :D

Jeanne Minnix
04-10-2002, 02:13 PM
these are great!!!! how to you get the metal to attach? do you use glue or metal smithing techniques?

Jeanne