PDA

View Full Version : Girl With Urn

Flattwo
01-14-2006, 02:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-14-2006/3457_Girl_With_Urn.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Girl With Urn
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 13 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Couple of years a go

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments apreciated

Esmeralinda
01-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi!
Wish you could tell us more about the painting but, it is nice to feel and express on our own without any influence. Makes our imagination flow....

The first feeling was a heart breaking and sad one. I sound as if I don't like this but I really do. I think it is very well done. I'm just expressing what I felt. The choice of colours are nice and soothing to me.

I am wondering about the eyes and other forms....feels like a "felin" ??

Gorgeous
01-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Scary for me

Valri Ary
01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
It made me frown..........not knowing what to expect and then the crackled face and body of a girl with a piece of pottery at her hip........is there more to this than you're telling?
The work is good but the feeling is crashed in on and sad....plus, I got a glimpse of Michael Jackson in the face of the girl......really upset me then!

Corby
01-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Interesting work. I have taken watercolor that didn't meet my expectations and used this technique on them to produce a mixed media/pen,ink,watercolor. Quite often with fair success. With nothing to go on but my imagination I would say she is quite ticked off with her pots failure to fire properly...

Constellation
01-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I guess I'm playing coward today.... I hesitated to comment on this piece because it bothers me, too. It's looks to me as though it's coming from a shattered world and I try to be a more positive person than that, especially in my art. The hilarious part of it is... her pot looks like a buttocks and that redeems it for me. ;).... Donna

hardtop
01-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Excellent color, good composition, grabs my attention and moves me off of dead center. The objective of art shouldn't always be to soothe and comfort - I like this a lot.