PDA

View Full Version : 101 Class schedule update. PLEASE READ!

Troy Rochford
01-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey guys,

Okay here's the deal. I'm extending the cp class for an additional week, in order to give late arrivals time to finish their work as well as give myself time to prepare the next class. So that there is no confusion, that means that the current cp class will run until January 29. After this time, any latecomers can still join in the class - you just may have to wait a bit longer for feedback, as that will depend upon Cindy's availability at the time.:)

Now, for those of you who will be taking the realistic portraiture classes, please make sure you have your male reference selected no later than 1/29. It is also preferable that you have your initial line drawing done at this time, because, just as with the cp class, I do not want to waste a bunch of class time waiting for people to finish up preliminary line drawings.

If you need some refresher tips to help you with your line drawing, please see this thread:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266727

The cp class has been wonderful, and based on the communications I've received, I believe we will have a pretty good turnout for the portraiture classes. I'm looking forward to it, and hope all of you are as well:)

Thanks

Judi1957
01-14-2006, 01:43 PM
That is great Troy! Thanks to you and Cindy!:clap: :clap:

emme05
01-14-2006, 02:22 PM
:D SO HAPPY:D
Thank You and Cindy both for helping us all!!:clap:
I hope to start a second now, and use my new set of prismacolors when it gets here!!!

Cathie Jones
01-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks to Troy and Cindy!! CP is fun, and I'm looking forward to the portraiture class, too.

Here's a link to the pdf version of Lesson 18 . . . much easier than going through the whole lesson thread!

http://www.americanrag.com/Basic%20101/lesson%2018%20Drawing%20Heads.pdf

dippin'colors
01-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much for the extention Troy!!! I am having so much fun with the CP's; never thought I would even try them for anything serious but WOW!!! I am actually reaching for them over my pastels these days!! You are a sweetheart no matter WHAT anyone else says..Brenda

AlisonBC
01-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks Troy. I've already read most of the class 18 thread, but will do a re-read now :)

JennN
01-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Are there classes that need to be taken first before joining your upcoming class, Troy?

Troy Rochford
01-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Jenn - you need to be enrolled in 101 to take the portraiture classes. As part of the 101 requirements, you must complete the first five classes, but I'm not going to be a stickler about whether or not you get all of those done before the portrait class. Just make sure that if you enroll and take the portrait classes, you DO also complete the first five classes (in a relatively timely manner) to satisfy the enrollment requirements.:)

Thanks for the link, CJ!

JennN
01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
okay, Troy. Thank you! :)

Fireman's kid
01-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Troy! :wave: Thanks for the extra week! That should give me time to finish the pairs and get back to the flower drawing some. Plus I really need to review Class 18. It's one of those I didn't get far in. :o But I think I'm in a better frame of mind to tackle portraits now.

My only question is who is going to tackle my big bin of photos to find a good reference for me??!?? :D

Hmmm...I lied, I have one more question. Do you want to see our references before the start of class so you can approve them like Cindy did for the cp class? Or our we on our own for reference choosing?

Troy Rochford
01-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Stacy -

Cindy and I wanted to see the references in advance for the cp class because so many had never done cp before and we wanted to make sure they weren't getting in over their heads in terms of complexity. All of you have worked in graphite if you've been in the 101 program, so that's not an issue. You CAN post your reference ahead of time though, if you want some input. In fact I encourage that, but it is not required.

BUT... If you post references please post them in the thread "Advanced Realistic Portraiture..." instead of this thread.:) I only started a separate thread for this announcement to be sure that the cp-only students would be aware of the class extension, too.

Troy Rochford
01-14-2006, 09:02 PM
someone please buy me a new computer

Troy Rochford
01-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Now!