PDA

View Full Version : Red Field

Fagan
02-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I have a spot on this painting that I am not sure how to "fix" I like the painting and would like to be able to remedy the problem. The problem is the smear of dots....which shows in the middle tree and sky area. I have a closer shot of it. Do you think it would look like leaves flying off the tree? or what do you think I can do to make it believable?

Fagan
02-05-2002, 01:37 PM
closer look....I rubbed salt off the tree while it was still wet...and it smeared onto the sky!
I almost forgot!! This is a three color painting. A very limited palette compared to what I usually use. The size is 7" x 10"

Flattwo
02-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Hi Fagan

Very smooth...I would paint the spot deep yellow as in sun!
and add a few shadows from the trees..if that helps

Flattwo

MALARKEY
02-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Hi Fagan, I like your colors you used. I don't think you have the right sky for a wildly windy day.... maybe you can turn it in to a flock of birds, they would be really small at that distance like your dots. :)

Fagan
02-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Flattwo...not sure what you are referring to. *SMILE* I have a bunch of dots where I swiped my hand across the middle tree onto the sky. It left a bunch of dots and streaks. I was unable to lift it out before they set.

Malarky...yes...I thought of a huge flock of birds! *Laugh* maybe it would work....

TeAnne
02-05-2002, 08:26 PM
I love this painting Bev :) Leave the spots as they could be leaves shimmering :D

Nancy Lee
02-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Looks good to me. I agree..... leave it alone. Makes me think of some motion that took place.... birds, a breeze... I like it. I'm sure it was ment to be.

See, I knew you could do it. Bet it wasn't as painfull as you had lead me to believe it would be for you.... LOL ;)

The 3 colors you chose are beautiful together.... good job.

BCNU,
Nancy

Fagan
02-05-2002, 09:51 PM
TeAnne...thank you! It does have a little shimmer to it. *SMILE*

Nancy...it was hard ...I kept wanting to put some green in there somewhere...*LOL*

pampe
02-05-2002, 10:26 PM
I think it looks fine...but if it bothers you

there's always birds:D

wilkinsonart
02-05-2002, 10:29 PM
Three colours can produce so much - specially when they are applied so boldly. Nice bright job. The "spot" wouldn't have noticed it except you pointed it out.

dnip24
02-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Looks pretty cool this picture! Lovely landscape!

taghera
02-06-2002, 01:06 AM
Hi Fagan, The "spot" is hard to notice, but probably to you its sticking out like a sore thumb, if its annoying you so much what about another tree??? just a thought, the painting is great, spot and all. :)

Rod
02-06-2002, 01:22 AM
Its a nice scene, would be a shame to risk spoiling it.
But if you are concerned, try lightly wetting the area with clear water, as it soaks in it should sokten the spots and make them less visible,
Rod.

Fagan
02-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Pam...thanks! *LOL* btw....that red bleeding slash realllllly bothers me!! everytime I see it I can recall how a really bad paper cut feels. eeeeeiiiieeeeooouuchhh!!

Wilkinsonart...It is probably not that bad...but is bothersome! *SMILE*

Dnip....thank you!

taghera!!! lovely idea!!! thank you

Rod...I had tried that...it set like cement for some reason.

I think I will try that tree thing!!!....yeah taghera! *HUGS***

ripvanblair
02-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Well done Taghera good thinking ,but Fagan I would leave it as the others have said you don't notice it nice colours--------Alan