PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would finally join in!

Jholdren
01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Hello all.
I haven't posted in a while because it has been busy here. My wife and I just bought a new home and are in the process of moving and renting out our current home. I had a quick few minutes today and had to really search for something to paint because most of our stuff is already in boxes!

This was an empty perfume bottle my wife had. I thought it had interesting color and shape.
This is 7" x 5" Acrylic on panel - done in about 25-30 minutes.
Wanted to play with it a bit more but didn't have time.

Justin

Lorijo
01-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Very cool little bottle, you got the glassiness good. Hope you get moved smoothly. Lori

Jholdren
01-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks Lori! Painting glass is challenging for me.
We are only moving 20 minutes from where we are now, but it is a more rural location and we won't be right in town, so I will only be 5 minutes from all kinds of beautiful landscapes. I can't wait to get some of them on canvas!

Justin

LarrySeiler
01-14-2006, 08:51 AM
funny Justin...I snuck a few of my wife's perfume bottles off to school too, yesterday in fact. Sometime next week I'll do one myself.

Ugh...after moving umteen gazillion times...just don't like it anymore. We've been renting a farmhouse for seven years now, no equity, and we know eventually we'll have to buy another place so things can be taken out of boxes and such. No fun renting, you always feel you are living in transition.

Good effort here...glass is fun, but think of it only as a minature landscape, and let the rest take care of itself!

Jholdren
01-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks Larry! I am really enjoying these little studies. I used to be diligent about daily pencil sketching, but I haven't done much recently. These little still life studies also help my plein air work - I feel more sure about my drawing and brushwork.
By the way, I am loving your blog and I am checking it frequently!

Justin

LarrySeiler
01-14-2006, 11:25 AM
having nothing to lose on insignificant exercises (by insignificant I mean things we don't necessarily intend to define us as artists publically), tends to inturn embolden us significantly! :)

glad you enjoy the blog...