PDA

View Full Version : French Quarter

Denisey
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-13-2006/72291_frenchquarter.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: French Quarter
Year Created: 2005
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11x13
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I like dark colors sometimes. I was experimenting with how to add a "little something". I don't know if I got it.

But I like it, myself.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just seeking any comments anyone has.

Grunge
01-16-2006, 11:23 AM
What a fun painting you've got here. There is only one thing that I find tragically missing and that is life. You need some people. Maybe a woman with a big glorious hat out on one of the balconeys. a couple walking down the street. something....someone. Personally, I would work with the balconeys because you've cut the lower portion to the extent that we are seeing less than half the heights of the doors....and therefore would only see the heads floating near the bottom of the canvas. If you adust the painting so that we could see the sidewalk...you could even paint in a poodle.

Grunge
01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
oops, posted a duplicate of my message...so i came back to delete it and can't figure out how to do that.

Denisey
01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank you. I agree! People would be a great addition. I can put them on balconies (because I am choosing to show the upper levels--not street).

Perfect advice-thank you!