PDA

View Full Version : Eternity......Incidental

LarrySeiler
01-13-2006, 07:56 PM
6"x 4-1/2" oil on Hansen panel....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2006/532-eternity_incidentalwc.jpg

trying to push those backgrounds...

...trying

Larry

Lorijo
01-13-2006, 08:06 PM
This one is super Larry! I like everything about it, glassy glass and golden top. The background works swell too, kind of hints of something back there but its staying back where it belongs. Lori

LarrySeiler
01-13-2006, 08:14 PM
thanks Lorijo...appreciate the affirmation...
it feels pretty good to find something I want to push and expect more from myself...and anticipate perhaps what that might lead to with my plein air. Time will tell...
:)

Larry

Jholdren
01-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I love it Larry.
The glass is extremely well done and I also like the background.

Justin

DLGardner
01-13-2006, 10:09 PM
This is really good Larry. Lots of detail in that glass. What a collection you are getting!

Dianne

LarrySeiler
01-13-2006, 11:34 PM
thanks Justin and Dianne...

appreciated

JanB
01-14-2006, 08:56 AM
2 thumbs up on the background! I really think this sub-forum is very beneficial for exactly this kind of thing...a place to show stuff your exploring and developing and motivation to try different things. We have had lousy weather here...warm temps but LOTS of gray, rain, fog. We had a couple nice days during the week but other commitments kept me from getting out:( However I have to say that those circumstances force me to work inside and I've done a number of things I normally wouldn't do and have pushed to explore some new things. I've gone back to working with watercolor, done a lot of sketching, did 2 wildlife paintings, and worked in pastel which I haven't done for ages. While it may not seem directly related I think you're right Larry it will be interesting to see how this all seeps into our PA work!

LarrySeiler
01-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks Jan...
funny, my wife is getting into this more than she has my plein air. I come home show her my plein airs, and hardly a look she'll respond, "that's nice" and I suppose because living in the northwoods with her fibromyalgia restricting some of her ability to engage the outdoors as do I, such works don't really speak to her. Probably that, and that I've done perhaps a a thousand and more plein airs since I've taken the portable outdoors. I've lost count...so, nothing new to her really.

I guess her world exists more in these little things of our daily lives, and perhaps in a sense do others as well.

She reminded me last night she saved me a few shrimp tails from dinner, and a few tails left over of what we ate thinking it would make a good incidental.

I get home...and she has already checked out my blog to see what I uploaded from school and did at day's end.

We'll see how the day goes today, tonight our school staff's winter party (since we didn't have one for Christmas), but I'd like to get outside and paint some today!

take care