PDA

View Full Version : Let there be light - 2.

waheednasir
01-13-2006, 05:49 AM
hi, this has been painted in "minimum detail" approach, only suggestions, where blocked shapes of light and dark reveal form and idea. just like the rules of impressionism in traditional art. though i followed them, but at places played with them as well. i deliberately played with values, against the rules of reality, a bit...:). to get the poetic mood that i wanted.
going thru a different but interesting phase of art/painting.
no reference used. all from scratch, in artrage - tablet.

happy viewing....:wave:.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2006/64845-LTBL-2-wc-wn.jpg

barryt
01-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Lovely Waheed. Could you get the same result from Painter, or don't you have it?

waheednasir
01-13-2006, 07:32 AM
thanks a lot barry...glad u like it...:).
i do paint in painter 9 as well, but not that much. i use that for making textures for my professinal work. i might be sharing some paintings of mine done in painter. sure one can get the similar look in painter as well, depending on how u think and carry on...:).

:wave:.

jhercilia
01-13-2006, 09:44 AM
going thru a different but interesting phase of art/painting.
What do you mean with this statement? I'm curious. :o

TxAggieDarlin
01-13-2006, 10:55 AM
very nice as usual

Smokin
01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
very nice waheed!

LadyAlba
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
You definitely captured the mood in this and as always I am amazed this is done in Artrage. ;o)

waheednasir
01-13-2006, 01:54 PM
thanks janet, TxAggieDarlin, smokin and ladyalba...:).

janet, its just that im getting more and more into painting masses and shapes, with patches of light. paint in masses i mean, as in impressionistic manner. and giving abstract treatement, in simplified flat forms. i think this happens naturaly at some point, when one does look beyond the obvious and sees things that are not there...i dont know.. hard to find words to that...:).
i think everyone reaches there and im sure most will get what im trying to say...:).

justjean
01-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Waheed another inspiration, beautiful as always :clap:

waheednasir
01-13-2006, 02:39 PM
thank u jean. i appreciate...:).

JCoop
01-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Waheed, I simply love 99.9 percent of everything you touch. This one though, doesn't move me like the rest... It feels static... it doesn't project or emote. For any other artist I would rave about this one, but I know your body of work... and it is without equal. Of-course this is my own opinion, and art is a very subjective thing.

Please try to take my comments in a constructive way.:)

waheednasir
01-13-2006, 02:46 PM
sure joel, its all taken in a very constructive way...:). i know what u mean. i really appreciate and agree .i think its just because i didnt apply the rules of lighting here as i do. going for something else this time.
ofcourse art is subjective and we all see things differently. u are right. thanks for the opinion joel...:).

jhercilia
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Got it!

einna
01-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Very thought provoking, waheed.With the light on her face there would emmerge a glimmer of light somewhere around her.. just thinking about the pic.

Annie

omniartz
01-14-2006, 01:57 AM
This work as some of your others has drama to it, perhaps by what you are leaving out. It surely is interesting.

waheednasir
01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
einna and omniartz...really appreciate u coming in and for admiring this..thank u..:).

yes einna, this time i didnt put the bounce, ambient and the global one.

:).

PSPertje
01-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Gee.. another great work in Art Rage, I just admire you for being able to do this in ArtRage, it makes me wonder.. are we talking about the same software here: I have ArtRage as a freeware programme and it only has basic tools, is this also the software you use or is there another ArtRage available too?

waheednasir
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Gee.. another great work in Art Rage, I just admire you for being able to do this in ArtRage, it makes me wonder.. are we talking about the same software here: I have ArtRage as a freeware programme and it only has basic tools, is this also the software you use or is there another ArtRage available too?

hello PSPertje, thanks for coming in and for admiring my work..well its the same artrage that u have, if u have Artrage 1.1, yes it only gives u basic tools, no filters, or layer options. but its a real fun painting in there. love it...:).

hope to see your work in artage....:wave:. cheers.