PDA

View Full Version : 3D animation program ?

crazyfish
01-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Can Anyone suggest a 3D animation program that you don't have to be a pc programer to use?

Thank you

later the Fish

waheednasir
01-12-2006, 08:45 AM
hi there crazyfish...there is no need to know the thorough knowledge of pc programming for any 3d animation software. though there are some areas in there, that needs that, like dynamics, particles etc. or to get some extra special effects. but as far as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation etc is concerned, u dont really have to have a programing knowledge/background. there are programers working at 3d animation studios, but they only handle their specified job. hope that explains.
i work at a 3d animation studio/production house, i do work as a 3d artist as well, but i dont do programing.
there are seperate departments for different areas. u have to be very professional in your own line of work. thats important. u can be a first class modelor or texture artist alone...:). the knowledge of other stuff does help, but thats not something necessary to have. programming is a different field all togethers.

all the best in your persuit...:wave:.

satisverborum2003
01-12-2006, 05:28 PM
A good 3D animation programme I can think of right now is Blender. It can be downloaded at blender.org and it's free. Furthermore, the site got a free user book and if you search on wikipedia.org and go to the book section there's a tutorial on how to use it.

Smokin
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
you really gotta inform us on what kind of 3d animation you are interested in to better help you on the info u want.

crazyfish
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
ok i guess i might've forgotten about this post lol !! but thanks

later , The Fish