PDA

View Full Version : First auction *holds breath*

Epicurea
02-05-2002, 03:21 AM
Okay, so I finally got my first auction up and running. I'm going to try my best not to get my hopes up...there are LOTS of other print auctions going. But I'll still probably be holding my breath for a week. Would the Ebaying pros here mind looking it over & giving advice? What looks good, what doesn't, did I leave anything out, is my title okay, is my starting price okay, etc.? Any recommended changes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1510906513

CathyD
02-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi there Cassandra, Nice print, I only have a couple of suggestions: pay an extra .25 and do the little gallery pic thing (I don't think you can add it now though) that particular print would show up very well as a gallery pic and it really helps to draw people to your auction. The only other suggestion I have is that you put the size of the print on your auction.
Best of luck with your auction!!!

CarlyHardy
02-05-2002, 02:58 PM
I agree 100% about that extra $.25. A lot of viewers just choose gallery only when searching for art and if you don't have a gallery pic, you won't be seen.

Auction looks good. I did notice that you listed in the giclee:iris prints category but in the description you state that this is a digital print....If you don't get a lot of views, then you might consider another category.

The other thing you need to fix is to size your image to about 6 inches at 72ppi. The image is large and took a long time downloading to my computer. I was thinking that it wasn't going to appear but waited and it did show up. Most viewers wouldn't wait. If you can link from your own site to your description, you can add images without cost in that area, too. This would give you an image at the top of your auction and a safety net, in case ebay pics isn't working on some days.

Your title is great! and the artwork is beautiful!
carly

Epicurea
02-05-2002, 06:40 PM
I did choose the gallery option. I meant to put the size in there, just slipped my mind. Working on revising the listing now, will add size & a link. I listed it under giclee because it's an inkjet print and all inkjet prints fall under the category of giclee, digital or otherwise, but I may change the category listing to other.

Thanks for looking & thanks for the advice!

Cassandra

CathyD
02-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Ooops, I just realized the I was confusing lack of the little pic on the title bar at the top of the auction thinking that also meant you didn't have a gallery pic. The title bar pic probably isn't free anymore and that is why there is not one on your auction! Sorry to confuse the issue. :p But while on the topic of pic on title bar, my opinion is that isn't really necessary. If you have the gallery pic, people want to see a bigger picture of the artwork, and will be looking for that.

Sorry about that, Cassandra! I'm glad you have a gallery pic, I am going to go search for it! Good luck to you, I love the colors in your print and I think that will bring people in for a closer look!

Cathy

sketchdude
02-05-2002, 07:17 PM
Your image is 347 KB and is taking well over 90 seconds to see from my 56k connection. Anything over 30 seconds will probably scare away most viewers.
That's easy enough to fix, you don't have to revise the auction, just replace the file on your server with a compressed one, keeping the same filename.
It's a nice print, I hope it sells.

sue ellen
02-05-2002, 09:34 PM
I can't see the image...all i get is the little X

~sue ellen

Epicurea
02-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Title bar pic comes with gallery option, and is showing for me...? Hrm. Oh well. Thanks for the tips (& the well wishes :)); I'll compress it for faster loading.

CathyD
02-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Gee, for a minute I thought I was losing my mind.... but I went to your auction and the title bar pic wasn't showing for me. I searched and found your auction and your little gallery thumbnail and it looks great. Nice website too.

tammy
02-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Looks good! Maybe later you can make you a little html template to pretty up your listing even more.

I see you are offering "Payingfast"? I hear that the service is really good. Let me know how it goes with the service or if anyone uses it much to pay you for your auctions. I've been thinking of offering it for a long time. It's well rated I think.

Sumafra
02-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Cassandra, you did a very nice job of your auction and your print looks great. And your opening price is very good. Good luck. I see you have a reserve price, some buyers don't care for that. If you don't sell this time, maybe next time try a higher starting price but no reserve.