PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Village

glenn payan
01-11-2006, 07:36 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-11-2006/65940_West_Coast_Village1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: West Coast Village
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30x36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Nayana
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
another pleasant well composed piece in your style, beautiful colors as usual.

larryv048
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Terrific composition!.....just keeps getting better!

Dhuot
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Living ina tall house must be fun. I have a long one ....:rolleyes: Oh well !

This work is very peaceful to look at.
It seems rigt out of an older era, with the fences and polls, but ey ! It is still like that....

The light effect is very good and it is true for all your works :)

Corby
01-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Glenn! Have missed you being on here for awhile! Good to see another one of your beautifully imagined paintings. You know I find a certain sense of immutability about these houses. They should be and they are attractivly whimsical. At the same time they have a sense to them that if the very ground were to dissapear, they would remain in place. This particular one has a comforting "Come home, it's the end of the day" feeling. Good to see you again.

Jay07
01-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Wow! I LOVE this! :clap:

T Christensen
01-12-2006, 03:00 AM
5.......5 houses, Awesome....I love the curvy roofs ...makes them seem alive. Tell me Glenn , do you paint a place you see or a place you're at? This would be a cool place to go to.....has a bit of mystery. I suppose its sold already :rolleyes:.........TerryC

Denisey
01-12-2006, 03:14 AM
i love the colors and composition! wonderful piece!

glenn payan
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi friends
thanks so much for the postive comments. Nice to hear form you folks too. Been way to busy for my own good...fortunately it's art-busy so that's always nice.
Terry: yep, this is a commissioned piece so it's already spoken for. And Corvus has it right, this is a place I see in my head. Often I use true-to-life layout of the islands and water in the background, but the houses, roads etc.... are generally all from my twisted little brain. So Terry, in a metaphyisical way, I guess it's also from "where I'm at" too.