PDA

View Full Version : Decisions

Spyderbabe
01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-11-2006/23281_Woman_decisions.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Decisions
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Anything

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome

clementine
01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
there is something about the arm which bothers me .;but I really LOVE the subject,the colors the mood..there is someting which fascinates me in this painting!
clem

Dana Design
01-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Kathleen, beautiful colors. Recall that the elbow usually meets at the waist. I can't be sure if the flesh tone area is the hand or part of the arm. If it's the hand then the arm is too short.

Good to see you posting your work!

Nayana
01-11-2006, 07:42 PM
this has a nice mood to it, the arm does not bother as it does others because it looks as though she is uncomfortable and is supposed to look that way. I would almost concider cropping out some of the left side though. Even though she is not centered she seems that way, and there is nothing going on over there but because it is there my eye keeps going to it.

larryv048
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Maybe just a slight amount of the left arm showing ????.......

Corby
01-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I am prone to get myself in trouble with critiquing because if I am satisfied with a painting if it does something for me. I am apt then to disregard and accept what might be its artistic shortcomings. I agree with the fine councles here given, yet for me they tend to be immaterial. ( I know that is far from the truth of the matter) The painting immediatly evoked an upsurging of sadness and empathy in me, an awareness of the vulnerability of the young woman. It is beautifully painted and for me charged with emotion. Good job.

Spyderbabe
01-12-2006, 02:27 PM
...her arm and elbow may not be shadowed right and her position is a bit twisted but I think it gives the painting an added tension. To me there is a haunting quality that evolved in this piece by itself.
The painting happened fairly quickly - I liked the cool silver tones and even with the warm golds and umbers there is a bleakness.

space
01-13-2006, 02:01 AM
wonderful painting....i wana know what she is thinking of....maybe each time i look at this work ill discover something about her and myself .

Spyderbabe
01-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks space - with is an enormous compliment.