PDA

View Full Version : Print Story about my Exhibition

Bill Foehringer
01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/search/printstory.asp?id=140695

This is a link to the announcement of my exhibit at the library. This appeared in one of the local papers, Daily Herald 01-08-06.

A very short version appeared in the other paper, The Courier-News, in their Go/Datebook Calendar section.

Hurray! something for my portfolio. I took some pics that I will forward as soon as I have access to the computer at home later this week. I am displaying 37 paintings 30 alla prima plein airs and 7 studio.
BillF

khourianya
01-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Very cool. Congratulations, Bill.

Deborah Secor
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow, Bill, this is great! It looks as if the writer did your work justice, too, explaining enough to get people to go see. Hope it goes very well and you sell a lot of paintings!! We want to see how the show looks, too...

Deborah

CindyW
01-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Very nice, Bill. The writeup has a wonderful description of your dedication to your art. Bravo!
Cindy

KJSCL
01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Congratulations! Will look great on the portfolio.

Khadres
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Too cool! Keep us posted on how the show goes and DO get some photos!

HarvestMoon
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Bill- many congrads!!!! wow- wonderful article!!! thanks so much for sharing it with us- can't wait for the photos... and think I will sign up for the life saving class at the end LOL..
Linda

Bringer
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi Bill,

Reading this makes us want to go further and believe that also we can do it.
Congratulations and that this may be a start up.

Regards,

Josť

P.S. and of course that you may sell lots of paintings

Kathryn Day
01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
What a nice writeup, Bill. Hope you get lots of sales and the recognition you deserve.

K Taylor-Green
01-10-2006, 11:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, BILL!! This is wonderful, and well deserved.

fortysomething
01-11-2006, 06:48 AM
Congratulations Bill! I'm sorry I'm too far away to wander through your exhibit in person, though. Sheesh, I'm so excited for you I can hardy stand it!

meowmeow
01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Good for you. Bill! That's really exciting. Congratulations! You've worked so hard on your plein air stuff you really deserve this.

Sandy

Bill Foehringer
01-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Just a quick note of Thanks for all your kind comments and help. The WC community has become a big part of my life. I did post some snapshots taken by my daughter. They're over in the plein air forum.http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=87 Yes, I am that short (I seem to be shrinking) and the frames are not hung that high, LOL. I had to use what the library provided. Since it's basically an unsupervised public space I did try to keep the frames out of reach of 'little' fingers. I'll take some more pics today at lunch time and post them here tonight. The light is so dim around here that I have to depend on the camera flash. I don't have any photo-flood lights to assist the exposures. The atrium windows at the library are no help in this cloudy weather. BillF

Deborah Secor
01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Okay, Bill, hope you don't mind but I snagged this photo from the other thread and lightened it up in Photoshop. Your photo isn't bad, just needed some tweaking.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2006/23609-bills_show.jpg

Looks GREAT! I love the display with them all hanging from the same spot like that. I read some of the thread over there, too, and I think you should hold a meet the artist time!

Deborah