PDA

View Full Version : WIP Website gallery.

RUNEMASTER
01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Im trying to come up with ideas on a gallery of my art.

So far all I have is this.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2006/63397-WEBSITE_IDEA.jpg

Any suggestions as to navigational images or the color of the navigationals like about me, home, services,etc.would be appreciated.

I tend to like black as background.

Trying to keep it simple.

1.What would you suggest I ould do for this page?
2.Any suggestions for an image directory?

Thanks.

Bringer
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi,

An important tip for me : when opening an image, it should open on a new window so that the gallery/works page doesn't have to be constantly reloaded.

Regards,

Josť

HarvestMoon
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Rudy- I like the black background- but if you end up with several 'galleries' as some people do, if they can open on the same page that would be great.... for example, one artist's gallery now opens each of about 13 'galleries' into a DIFFERENT browser window.... this ends up with the user having to CLOSE all of them at the end... and windows all over the place... in general, a nice arrangement might be by 'subject' like- still lifes, portraits, landscapes..... and yes, a bio about you would be interesting too...... lots of people also put in a feedback sort of feature that allows nice comments that you can post about your art... will keep thinking (I hope)....
best of luck with this,
Linda

here is a nicely done one.... I would call it
'Art by Rudy' or something instead of 'My Art Gallery'
http://www.davidburge.org/

RUNEMASTER
01-11-2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks guys.Always nice hearing from you.At the moment im in that artistic slump, but I feel i might emerge soon.

Its weird.One day you decide to do some art that you really benefit from , and then nada.i mean dry as the desert, barren as a polar no-mans land.

Now theres an idea.barrenness.Hmmm.I like the concept. The other thing is im restricted at the moment to 9.5 by 12.5 paper, and although i havnt heard anyone say it-size of paper may determine what kind of art one does.Seems hard to do figure stuff on paper this size.

Ill try to integrate these ideas into the site.Peace. hey 3 stars holy.pretty soon ill be a four star gen.Hmm.Wonder what the stars are for.I like.

keep up the good work and dont be shy-drop me a line if you make somethin.HEHEHE.:wave:

fortysomething
01-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Hi Rudy. I like your page layout, and there are a million+ things you can do with image display. I don't know what level of experience you have creating web pages, but http://www.javascriptkit.com has lots of free cut-n-paste code for image manipulation and lots of other neat ideas.

I think the bright yellow text is a bit much. It's an attention getter, but it's also a distraction from what you want your visitors looking at- which is your artwork.

A paler shade of yellow, perhaps? Other colors that seem to work well with black are the light blues or purples. I have also seen a dark orange and a med. gray used on black effectively- especially sites with alot of text. White/bright on black is hard for me to read after a while.

RUNEMASTER
01-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Good points .Thanks ill check out the site.:D

HarvestMoon
01-11-2006, 12:23 PM
At the moment im in that artistic slump, but I feel i might emerge soon.

Its weird.One day you decide to do some art that you really benefit from , and then nada.i mean dry as the desert, barren as a polar no-mans land.

Boy- I sure know EXACTLY what you mean- in a slump myself at the moment...
Linda

RUNEMASTER
01-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I think it has a lot to do with subconscious distractions.Things that are pending , and you must do.Inside you fear to be lost in art and then smitten for your procrastination.Never to be found again.hehehehe!

Till the stick of pastel crumble in a devastating slip.:eek:

RUNEMASTER
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Is this ok for a thumbnail page of gallery pics?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jan-2006/63397-thumbnail_question.jpg

fortysomething
01-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Wow! You've been busy! I like what you're doing Rudy, and the text/button colors are MUCH easier on my overly sensitive eyeballs. Now the first thing I look at are the images, and not the text on the page. :)

Is that Sting in the upper right thumbnail? I love the colors and contrast in that one, but your animal skull is still my favorite.

Do you have Harley Brown's Eternal Truths for Every Artist? There's a wonderful cattle skull on pp. 44-45. Recommended reading if you haven't read it already.

RUNEMASTER
01-12-2006, 05:44 PM
hey guys! Check out my simple web gallery by clicking my signature link.Tell me what you think.HHEHEHE!

I did it with almost no knoledge of html at all.hihihih.

HarvestMoon
01-12-2006, 08:18 PM
wow- just clicked on your site- and it is actually amazing! and in fact one of the best website/ gallery designs I have seen- and I have made a LOT of websites, as well as internal company websites, and yours is really fantastic!!! really well done..... many claps and applauds...
Linda

PS- will have to check out how you did this..... when I 'view source' it says webplus9- is that some new WYSIWYG software?

RUNEMASTER
01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
yuppers.Plus a couple of googled freeware utilities.i figure why pay.HEhehe.Plus webplus 6 is free.Total cost of website=24 bucs.

hihihih! im using ftp now cause i need to update the entire website with new keywords in the meta thingy.Sure Css,flash,dreamweaver,html,etc. is fine, but if you need a website fast.Just slap it together with a few apps.

If you scour the net your sure to find what your looking for.PM me with any specific questions.Hihihih.

Might do a couple website commisions as well.hey us po folk cant be too fussy.Hihihi.

When my wife saw your pic she was like - hey shes a country gal.She loves your stuff.