PDA

View Full Version : Ballerina Tree

corfublue
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-10-2006/58344_Ballerina_Treewc.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ballerina Tree
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 36x48 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
an older one I tweeked.
ther is only so much you can do to them without distroying them and starting over again.
There are many problems with it,
but it's gone, and I kinda like it the way it is.
even though there is some variation lacking in objects.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any thoughts...!

gurleygirl
01-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Nice rich colors!!

tazaharra
01-10-2006, 12:40 PM
It's not so often when after coming across someone else painting, you wanted so much to go back to your own work inspired; wondering how corfublue managed to put that piece together- flawless as a gem and a wonderful sense of color! "Ballerina tree" should be hanged along side Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" and "Irises". It's poetry at it's best!! Please let me know if you intend to have this painting be available in giclee prints.

clementine
01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
bright and radiant!in French we use the same word to say that.".eclatant"!!!:clap:
clem

sugar tree gal
01-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I agree with Clem.... nice:) Janice

Zap
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
This is marvelous. It excites me. Not much in painting excites me. I have returned to look many times.....and it continues to EXCITE me. Well done !

rogerboy
01-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm not a really attracted to flower paintings but there is something about your that holds my attention. I've studied it in order to find out what it was. The technique and brush strokes are good but that's not it. I think it is the colours. You have managed to group a range of colours that give a pleasing sensation. For some reason my eye keeps returnning to the plum table colour on the bottom left hand side. Why this is? I do not know. This is not a criticism but I end up there feeling good. I wish I could be more a colourist with my paintings. I am told colouists are born and it's something you either have or you dont. Thank you for giving me a new way of looking at "flower" paintings

corfublue
01-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys, some of your comments are .......WOW....don't know how to reply to that....but thanks:o :)
Lately I have been trying to put my money where my mouth is.
I am trying to get past the subject and look at the paint and it's relationship with shapes.
I have been painting them upside down...and from a distance, and I find that way I am more focused on the harmony of shapes and colour.
As for colour, I am trying to achieve depth with colour rather than detail. And observe light and how it effects saturation.
It forces me to mix more.
i started working in my studio again today....well see how consistant I am.
Valerie

gaugin
01-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I am trying to get past the subject and look at the paint and it's relationship with shapes.
I have been painting them upside down...and from a distance, and I find that way I am more focused on the harmony of shapes and colour.
As for colour, I am trying to achieve depth with colour rather than detail. And observe light and how it effects saturation.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Brilliant

corfublue
01-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I Please let me know if you intend to have this painting be available in giclee prints.

I am very undecided about that part of the industry...
I just turned 30 so I think I have time to wait and think and watch before I branch away from the main path right now. stay focused....keep it simple....
but It is something that seems to come up more often than not.
I have been keeping records of where the paitnings go in case I need to properly photograph them for such a time.
Valerie

Corby
01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Beautiful!

Nayana
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
the posture of the flowers is fantastic, the portray emotion and life.

larryv048
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice work and style

Dhuot
01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey look at ya Valérie :)
That is one-a-ya-best painting and it is the best photograph of one of your work !!
Ah R.... is a magician :rolleyes:

I like the perspective that sets the viewer above the seen.
It kinda reminds me also of some of Stanley Cosgrove's still lives he did in the '40s & '50s

Beautiful :)

dornberg
01-12-2006, 08:45 AM
shape-minded.
attractive color.

Constellation
01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Oh.... how I wish I could paint like this! Donna

Esmeralinda
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I always enjoy the perspectives of your flower paintings. :) Beautiful combination of colours also.
The title goes perfectly well with this painting.

:wave:

corfublue
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey cosmo, it's my dad's photograph skills....lol. not r....'s.
it's funny, they say we are always working on the same painting.
I don't see to much difference with this one and many of the others I do!?!?!?
c'est la vie.
"shape-minded"....good. I'm working on it.
I think I was drinking a martini when I was tweeking this one.
like homer simpson said. "it is the cause and the solution of all my problems"
lol.
actualy I prefer tea when I paint.:)
merci linda, ....ca va bien dans la neige a pontiac?
it's a nice winter we are having. not to cold yet.
Valerie