PDA

View Full Version : sunny and raining?

Smokin
01-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Thought I'd share my lil brick wall I hit. This is my latest attempt, its about 50% done, need a ton of detail, not even close to that though. Im hoping to render this out as sunny, yet, shortly after it rained, so things are wet aand dripping. SOOOOOOO nnot sure how to go about that. Also want to put the kid's other hand in the pic peting the poor kitty, but with no ref for that Im scared to try and do it from imagination, only cause every similar attempt produces some nasty results.

Any thoughts? Where do you find reference photos aside from googling? Anyone ever seen a sunny yet wet rendering?:p

Prob something I should just put down and walk away from for a while, see if it makes more sense later lol.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2006/65236-notdone.jpg

Elvira
01-08-2006, 10:17 AM
This is so cute I love the disgust on the poor wet critter. Very well done!
Edie

Skinny
01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
A real winner! I can't help much with the hand, but I think you've already begun to convey the "sunny but wet".....the kitty is soaked, so it must have rained very recently. Outside should be sunny with perhaps something else dripping and a puddle.

justjean
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Very nice smoking, perhaps a few hilights on the slicker would help convey sunshine and thats one wet bedraggled cat :)

jhercilia
01-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Maybe some shinny spots on his raincoat with some little reflection on the water.
The white wood going straight up towards the kitty's face looks ackward. It doesn't seem to be behind the cat, but going through him. You might want to check that. I know you are not done but thought about mentioning it just in case.

digistyle
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I like the concept and the child's face is great. Here's a resource to try: http://morguefile.com/

digistyle

maria_khurram
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Smokin, that is incredibly beautiful. Well done.

Smokin
01-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Thx you so much for the comments, Ill post an update when I got one :D.

Digi, thx for the link, Im going to have to explore that site see what they got! love looking for new pics, I never thought the hundreds of ref pics I have now wouldnt be enough!!!

I gues it'll be alot about droplets of water and a few drips frop above. glad the cat read soaked, guess I was too close to the project and wondered if it just looked really sad, lol.

omniartz
01-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree that a few splashes of sunlight on the raincoat would work. The Kitty is great!

waheednasir
01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
good work...the like the expressions here...nice colors too...:).