PDA

View Full Version : teapot and white flower

clementine
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/01-07-2006/61668_photo0005.jpgthe.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: teapot and white flower
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 30cmx30cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
still another!!!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
perhaps I am going to bore you with my "flowers and pot" but your opinions and advices help me a lot!
clem

Nayana
01-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I like this one bette then that last which was similar, it seems crisper and is well done.

Constellation
01-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi Clem,.... nice composition and nice complimentary colors..... maybe a little more reflection in the copper (I think it's copper) would give it more life.... if it is copper the white flower would reflect on the pot as would the surface of what ever it is sitting on. If I'm way "off base" on thinking it's copper, I apologise...... Donna

Corby
01-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Even if the pot were glazed ceramic you would have some reflection. In this insdtance it would be very good to have the white reflected slightly, the pot needs a little spark of something and it would also tie the two objects together. These are so nice. I would like to see your exhibit!

Dhuot
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
This and the others makes a very beautifl serie.
Primavera :)

larryv048
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Nicely done!......love your colors......all it needs is a frame.

Dana Design
01-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Your work is never boring! This is just so very good! I love your method of painting.

tazaharra
01-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi clem, My eyes can't quite decide whether to focus on the huge white flower or the ceramic pot. Eachtime I concentrate on the flower, the big pot is pulling my eyes to it and when focusing on the pot, a big blob of white on the right distracts me from doing it. I end up admiring the twig with buds on the foreground and surprisingly both the pot and flower seems to disappear. If this was your intention then the piece is exceptional. Now, try visualizing the flower closer to center frame, overlaping a small section of the pot, then the eyes would know where to focus. (it becomes cliche, though) The colors are superb, a masterly and mature choice. cheers !!!

Aquarelle10
01-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Clem.This is stunning as all your paintings are and I'm so glad I saw this one!

itsajem
01-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi Clem!
Fabulous life texture on the flower, well done!!!

clementine
01-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Nayana thanks a lot for your comment!

Constellation and Corvus thanks so much for your helpful advices about reflections!

Merci Daniel!what is "primavera"?

Larry and Dana it's very kind of you!but the series is not finished and you'll be bored!

thanks a lot Tazaharra for taking the time to so well analyse this work!

coucou Jean!and thanks!
clem

clementine
01-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi john! I have missed your reply!thanks a lot for your kind comment!
clem

outporter
01-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Clementine,

Could you be more specific in what areas you are looking for comments or critiques!

clementine
01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks Michael !in fact your comment will be very helpful for me because I must make a choice among this series to exhibit them and if you think something is wrong in one of them i'll remove it..
clem

corfublue
01-10-2006, 11:31 AM
INteresting to watch you discover a new road.
I don't know what to comment because I don't know where you are going with this yet, but I see a consistancy and growth.
Valerie